New pictures of tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smitty

Aquarium Advice Addict
Howdy!

Well, the tank is about 1.5 years old at this point. Been through a good bit of up and downs but everything seems pretty stable at this point. Please ignore the water drops on the tank-forgot to clean it before getting these shots :) Oh yea, click to make the bigger if you want.

First a full tank shot:

A bit closer on the clump of Java Moss. This is actually half of what was in yesterday but I decided to do some prunning:

Finally got my Bolivian Ram to sit still for a picture. You can also see a reflection of the TV :)

And the following are some of my favorites to watch in action, the assassin snails!

And he is cruising over some leftovers:

Thanks for looking!

Yes, I do have a 5lb CO2 tank set up. Right now I'm still using a bunch of different liquid ferts and I use excell and the stump remover stuff for Nitrates. I'm looking to move over to the dry ferts but I'm nervous because I'm not used to them and I'm not sure how to mix it all up!

Thanks for the comment :)

I have some java moss and doesn't look nearly as good and abundant as yours does. I think I may start dosing with a DIY CO2 kit. I have a 50 gallon tank so it won't do all that much, but I figure anything is better than nothing. I also have some Flourish Excel so maybe I'll start doing that too.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, how much did your CO2 setup cost?

Well, I got the tank for free but they are usually around 60-80 depending on size. I then attached 120 for an electronic soloniod that I have on a timer. All I do is run a line to a powerhead and use that to push it through the tank.

My tank is a 55, so not much bigger. I tried using DIY CO2 first, but had a lot of problems with it and had a lot of algae which is why I went the way I did go. I just saved up for it.

The java moss took a while to get like this. The first 3 or so months (when not using CO2) it didn't grow much at all. Now I can almost see it grow from day to day. Also, I have 2 54w T5HO bulbs and 2 44 watt regular bulbs over the tank. Lots of light.

I actually have a 20oz. paintball co2 tank that i could use (1.25lbs.). Now I'm not sure if you would know, but what would I need to hook this up to my tank? I've heard of people using them. Also, any idea how long it would last me?

Looks GREAT! i wish my java moss would look like that, guess i have to proon :p

is that your filter tubing on the front?

have you considered a background?

Viper: I know they sell an adapter to go to a paintball tank for aquariums. I had a couple tanks left over from going to compressed air for my paintball stuff but decided to go this route since the big tank was free. I would think the paintball tank would last a month or at least a couple weeks.

runninwoof (great name:) ). This tank is actually on a peninsula so you can see it from 3 sides. There are a couple pictures from when I first had it running in my gallery that shows the other side too. Unfortunately, this does mean that one side will have to have the tubing on it and the other one is in the kitchen and wouldn't work. At least I can watch my fish while doing the dishes :)

Pretty downright impressive. Nice tank. I`ve never been able to get a grasp on planted tanks.

Back
Top Bottom