New shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i dont think the op is to concerned about doing it properly. they seem to just want to do it their way and not worry about how long the shrimp live. to each his own i guess.

bcurlacher54 said:
i dont think the op is to concerned about doing it properly. they seem to just want to do it their way and not worry about how long the shrimp live. to each his own i guess.

I smell a troll....

TenaciousTriggerFish said:
no problem glad some people are keeping me accountable :) and ya like i sed cant post pics till i get ipod again

Hurry up and have a birthday already then! Haha. Can't wait to see pictures of the tetra tank. Happy fish keeping!

i dont mean to seem like a jerk but i use these guys as food for my other tank so its almost like instead of "catch-kill-feed to big fish" i "catch-feed-enjoy-kill-feed to big fish"
also what is "op" i know its me but what does it stand for?

TenaciousTriggerFish said:
... i take a while to catch on sometimes please explain..

Op means "original poster". Trolling is, well, to put it mildly, trying to get a reaction on the internet instead of contributing usefully to the conversation. A troll likes to get a rise out of someone for fun.

Alyxx said:
Op means "original poster". Trolling is, well, to put it mildly, trying to get a reaction on the internet instead of contributing usefully to the conversation. A troll likes to get a rise out of someone for fun.

Well said.

I will say, not to back up the trolling, that when I first read the post, I was a little upset about it. But one should take constructive words when speaking with others about something they don't agree about. Cuz you never know, such as this post for example, when you could misunderstand what someone is doing.

Also, that was a perfect definition of trolling.

Nothing you have listed is appropriate for that size of container.

Predfan27 said:
I will say, not to back up the trolling, that when I first read the post, I was a little upset about it. But one should take constructive words when speaking with others about something they don't agree about. Cuz you never know, such as this post for example, when you could misunderstand what someone is doing.

Also, that was a perfect definition of trolling.

Sadly, that was the second time I have had to define trolling in two days. I, too, was upset about this post. As HN1 says, nothing is suitable for such a small tank. However, as a holding tank for live food I suppose it isn't too bad. Just be careful feeding live food from your backyard, you never know what contaminants or diseases you may introduce to your tank. I would highly recommend trying to get some sort of report on the water in your area about pollutant levels and the like. Also, remember that the parasites and diseases in your local waters may be entirely different strains than store bought fish have been exposed to that they have no natural immunity to. Not saying you absolutely shouldn't do it, but that you should use caution, especially because the holding tank is so small. The close quarters means more stress on the creatures in the bowl, and more stress means that they are more likely to get sick. Just my two cents.

Also, did you ever specify the gallonage of the bowl? There was a typo in the original post, it just said we gallon.

Reactions: HN1
Sadly, that was the second time I have had to define trolling in two days. I, too, was upset about this post. As HN1 says, nothing is suitable for such a small tank. However, as a holding tank for live food I suppose it isn't too bad. Just be careful feeding live food from your backyard, you never know what contaminants or diseases you may introduce to your tank. I would highly recommend trying to get some sort of report on the water in your area about pollutant levels and the like. Also, remember that the parasites and diseases in your local waters may be entirely different strains than store bought fish have been exposed to that they have no natural immunity to. Not saying you absolutely shouldn't do it, but that you should use caution, especially because the holding tank is so small. The close quarters means more stress on the creatures in the bowl, and more stress means that they are more likely to get sick. Just my two cents.

Also, did you ever specify the gallonage of the bowl? There was a typo in the original post, it just said we gallon.
one gallon lol new ipod.. and i know.. its been a few months of feeding em the shrimp and all they are fine and i dont feed em live so that the triggerfish is the tank doesnt become agressive

Back
Top Bottom