New shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TenaciousTriggerFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
We gallon brackish shrimp tank... Bubbler.. Play Sand.. And a josh-custom light fixture (I'm quite innovative ) about 15 shrimp and a mystery fish (most likely minnow) that got caught along with shrimp sand is still settling

I am feeding it a little saltwater flakes figure minnow will eat then shrimp scavenge for the rest

This is my first time with shrimp let me know my pros and cons

The water and all live stock are all from the Chesapeake bay :D which is some of my yard (I have a pier with boats etc)

Attachments

• image-2068491244.jpg
    image-2068491244.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 212
  • image-2178731785.jpg
    image-2178731785.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 209
  • image-1045160795.jpg
    image-1045160795.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 241
What kind of shrimp?

Seems a bit small even for a "minnow". Are you using water from the bay for water changes?

uhm.... i dont do water changes... i undersstand what they do but i have a friend who i have known for 16 years and im 16 and i do what he does he taught me like everything so i dont do them... i understand if u dis-agree :/ and they are grass shrimp

The healthier an environment you provide, the longer you'll get to enjoy the company of your little friends. I recommend you rethink the water change regiment, unless you really enjoy replacing livestock.

jetajockey: no cant really get a good pic :/

MrPillow: if they die i feed them to my saltwater tank and walk to my back yard wit a net and catch more.... not that i like re-supplying but to me its "half pet __ half pet-food"

LyndaB: mine only get about 1-1.5 inches

::UPDATE::
6x .5" catfish
3x .75" mystery fish
3x .75" other green mystery fish
1x 3" ell-ron (aka baby eel but not really((he burys himself in the sand... TO COOL))-)
4x (2x .75")(2x 1.25") shrimp

seem really happy and active but i turn the bubbler off at nighttime due to noise not letting me sleep and if i leave it off till afternoon the next day by accident then they all come to the top for air but once i turn it on 10 minutes and they are back to happy and swimming around... they eat flakes but prefer algae bits

TenaciousTriggerFish said:

MrPillow: if they die i feed them to my saltwater tank and walk to my back yard wit a net and catch more.... not that i like re-supplying but to me its "half pet __ half pet-food"

6x .5" catfish
3x .75" mystery fish
1x 3" ell-ron (aka baby eel but not really((he burys himself in the sand... TO COOL))-)

seem really happy and active but i turn the bubbler off at nighttime due to noise not letting me sleep and if i leave it off till afternoon the next day by accident then they all come to the top for air but once i turn it on 10 minutes and they are back to happy and swimming around... they eat flakes but prefer algae bits

All in a bowl?

I'd like to see what some of them look like :)

only way i can get pics on here was with my new ipod i got for my birthday but im a freeking idiot and jumped in the pool with my ipod 4th gen and my phone! when i get my ipod back ill put up a couple more pics :D plan on replacing water soon... i dont do water changes but i will need to continually do a like 90% change... idk if that counts

6x .5" catfish
3x .75" mystery fish

And that's all in what I am assuming to be an unheated, unfiltered, 3 gal bowl? Or is it smaller? I'm hoping you find a 300 gal tank or so for an eel, six large catfish(what exactly are they?), mystery fish, and shrimp
I'm also assuming that the cats are flatheads, bullheads, channels, etc
Sorry if I sound rude
If not you still need an upgrade but this would be a really cool tank if you grew these fish out in a larger tank
It would make a great native tank

To should just get a ten gallon and throw an HOB filter on the back so you could atleast see these guys

To should just get a ten gallon and throw an HOB filter on the back so you could atleast see these guys

ive been seriously contemplateing just that but i first need to purchase phone then ipod then about 10-20 tetras then work on my next tank lol

ive been seriously contemplateing just that but i first need to purchase phone then ipod then about 10-20 tetras then work on my next tank lol

...am I the only one here who is a bit confused? I'm gonna be blunt here so pardon me. You have what seems to be a 1-3 gallon bowl with 6 catfish, an eel, 5 prawn, and others. By no means should you have all of them in there. Especially since it is unheated and unfiltered. I think before you go buy another tank and 10-20 tetras you should either find a bigger home for them or return them to the bay from whence they came. I understand that you don't care if the die, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't be responsible in their handling.

Predfan27 said:
...am I the only one here who is a bit confused? I'm gonna be blunt here so pardon me. You have what seems to be a 1-3 gallon bowl with 6 catfish, an eel, 5 prawn, and others. By no means should you have all of them in there. Especially since it is unheated and unfiltered. I think before you go buy another tank and 10-20 tetras you should either find a bigger home for them or return them to the bay from whence they came. I understand that you don't care if the die, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't be responsible in their handling.

I've gotta agree here. Let them go and catch some more when you have an appropriate place to keep them.

10-20 tetras are for my fifty gallon long "tetra tank" and i understand what u are saying

10-20 tetras are for my fifty gallon long "tetra tank" and i understand what u are saying

Oh you already have a tank! Great! I am sorry of I came up being a jerk. I just want what is best to the aquarist and the fish. I'd love to see pics of that :)

Oh you already have a tank! Great! I am sorry of I came up being a jerk. I just want what is best to the aquarist and the fish. I'd love to see pics of that :)

no problem glad some people are keeping me accountable :) and ya like i sed cant post pics till i get ipod again

Back
Top Bottom