New Tank / Fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeyGeeze

Aquarium Advice Freak
My tank is finally starting to look complete, with the exception of a few missing things. Just thought i'd share some photos. Over the weekend I purchased 10 baby tiger barbs (5 green and 5 striped). These guys are the size of nickels and quarters! I included the pic of my tank from the day I set it up so you can see how much the water sprite exploded. Unfortunately my ambulia didn't do too well... Comments welcome... Thanks!

Attachments

• image-3866438488.jpg
    image-3866438488.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 155
  • image-1904017475.jpg
    image-1904017475.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 125
  • image-3284161472.jpg
    image-3284161472.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 116
  • image-2017825872.jpg
    image-2017825872.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 122
I personally like the natural look of aquariums and hate pirate ships and treasure chests and that crap however if i had to put in an ornament i would detinately put in the sponge bob pineapple and squidwards house. it will definately look better with a few more plants

Monkey Magic said:
I personally like the natural look of aquariums and hate pirate ships and treasure chests and that crap however if i had to put in an ornament i would detinately put in the sponge bob pineapple and squidwards house. it will definately look better with a few more plants

Haha!! I tried to be very low key about that. I feel the same way about the natural look, but when I seen those houses I couldn't help myself LOL.

Thanks for the comments, I'm hoping my water sprite keeps growing like it is so I can start placing its smaller "baby" plants in the gravel and fill in the empty spots in the tank.

I have been eyeballing tiger barbs for a while and started to see more green barbs in my lfs and I adore them both! Unluckily my tank doesn't provide enough room for them.

Like your tank so far :) can definitely see some bright big leafy plants in there along with a variety of other hearty plants that your barbs would love ;)

Wow. That plant sure has been growing! I love tiger barbs. You should put up a picture when they grow a bit too. :)

Thank you!! I really like the green barbs they have such a nice tint of color to them. These guys are awesome so far, they have no fear! They don't hide when I walk by the tank and they come up to my hand if I stick it in the water. I'll definitely be posting more pics as they grow.

I'd like to get some more plants but I have standard lighting so they would have to be lower light plants. I'll have to look into what kinds I can keep healthy.

Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom