New Wood, Plants and Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cole_russell

Aquarium Advice Freak
So Obviously these things are "new" to me so any opinions and helpful advice would be MUCH appreciated ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388288854.591371.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388288877.690349.jpg so the new wood is "spider wood" which I bought from a lfs, new plants include: red val, sag, bronze crypts, needle leaf java fern and tiger lotus which is all in dirt which just happened post christmas so excuse the cloudiness. Then just today I was able to snag a pair of german blue rams at petsmart if you can believe that! Yeah guys so please any feedback would be dope thanks in advance!

You cycled tank already right? German Blues are very sensitive.
Nice Driftwood.
What size tank is this?

I'd have to say it's mostly new water filter and wheel are well cycled though. Had to do LOTS of water changes to get that dirty water out before I could get the wood and plants in and 'scaped.

Ah okay. I think its going to be a nice looking tank.

Thanks, I'm hoping I can get that crypt in the back to get pretty big and fill up some background space

Search up krypts on google. Im pretty sure they can be tied

No, crypts should be put in the gravel as they are heavy root feeders and will die if not in the substrate. Make sure to put root tabs under you crypts at least once a month to ensure good health.

They're in miracle grow organic mix shouldn't need tabs right? Good to know however, i'll make sure to keep an eye on em and if they start looking bad I'll hit em with whats left over from when it was all gravel.

Nice I'm about to set up another tank do any of you know where a good place to go looking for driftwood in Arizona might be? I'm on a budget on this one.

Sorry I'm in Ireland so would not be able to help you, if you are on a budget you could try find a natural piece if you have a river or flood plain near by

Back
Top Bottom