Nigel's Forest scape 128L

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice! Looks to be posing or was it a hard photo to get?

He swims a lot at the front glass, because there is the sand beach ( a small one, I changed the scape a little). I toke like 15 mins some pictures so wasn't hard at all. :)

Very sneaky!

When is the competition deadline and judging dates?

Haha :cool:

The first deadline is 31 May with the ranking results available in August. So still a long time...

I am breaking this tank down in 6 weeks and rescaping it for another project already.

Here is is a video how I reduce organic waste in the aquarium beside a lots of shrimps and a filter with 10x turnover. I use a turkey baster combined with an hose and try to do this biweekly. Works pretty good.

How do you reduce organic waste?

That is a nice, localized approach. I used to stir things up in a similar manner then relied on the filter to clear up the water. What I was really doing was moving the waste from tank to filter but not removing it from the system. This works if you change the mechanical portion of the filter frequently.
BTW - What video app are you using?

That is a nice, localized approach. I used to stir things up in a similar manner then relied on the filter to clear up the water. What I was really doing was moving the waste from tank to filter but not removing it from the system. This works if you change the mechanical portion of the filter frequently.
BTW - What video app are you using?

The problem with the turkey baster w/o hose was that not everything was taken by the filter. That's why I like this method. It just popped up in my head to connect a hose to it with zip ties.

I am using Sony Vegas 14 for video editing.

Here is is a video how I reduce organic waste in the aquarium beside a lots of shrimps and a filter with 10x turnover. I use a turkey baster combined with an hose and try to do this biweekly. Works pretty good.

How do you reduce organic waste?

That’s a great idea. Time for fluval or someone to invent something that is battery operated and trigger loaded, that ensures a siphon at the same time. How hard can it be?

Back
Top Bottom