Nigel's Forest scape 128L

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nigel
Really interesting concept with great selection of materials. I think your skills are quickly approaching world class. (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick scape today. Forest again :p 80x40x40 cm. Feel free to give critique

hardscape 2 forest aquascape 2.0 by nigel aquascaping by Nigel H, on Flickr

Wood work looks very good but I would think there would be better depth if there was an open space at the rear which was a bit open to draw the eye to an unknown space farther away through the woods. Subtract a couple twigs perhaps at the rear, left.

The work where the roots and the substrate connect is really good!

Since I am neither a competitor, nor a judge, it is just my thoughts.

I can’t believe there is so much wood! Not in a bad way but that would cost a small fortune here.

Yeah I found some stores where the hardscape is cheaper than normally. Bought a lot of trees at €15 / kg. Most stores around are €30 / kg. It cost me a small fortune :p But more hardscape is always better :)

Wood work looks very good but I would think there would be better depth if there was an open space at the rear which was a bit open to draw the eye to an unknown space farther away through the woods. Subtract a couple twigs perhaps at the rear, left.

The work where the roots and the substrate connect is really good!

Since I am neither a competitor, nor a judge, it is just my thoughts.

No problem thanks for your thoughts. I think you are right about making the path more clear.

Nigel
Really interesting concept with great selection of materials. I think your skills are quickly approaching world class. (y)

Wow thank you very much! To achieve top 127 IAPLC would be a real dream come out. I hope to ever reach it so far.

Back
Top Bottom