Nigel's Forest scape 128L

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This seems like we have been transported to a tiny forest. I love the Hydrocotyle Tripartita Japan, is it?

Will be sad to see this tank leave us. Thank you for sharing the video as well. All of it increases my inspiration for a future CO2 set up.

Yes it is tripartita. Beautiful plant but it grows like a weed!

Great that I can inspire some people (y)

RIP Forest.

Time for something new! I will share the final video and final shot after contest results.
new start 80cm by Nigel H, on Flickr

Moving on to mixing my own ferts. It is cheaper and have I more control to get the values that I desire. Going for an ADA approach with more PO4. Gonna make three bottles. One with N/P, one with K and one with micros.
dry salts planted box 2.0 by Nigel H, on Flickr

What was the deciding factor in selecting ADA over GLA or NolicG?
Is the more like an EI or PPS-Pro style of dosing regimen?

What was the deciding factor in selecting ADA over GLA or NolicG?
Is the more like an EI or PPS-Pro style of dosing regimen?

Hi it is a mix between ADA and EI but more towards ADA (lean dosing). I follow a very experienced guy named Xiaozhuang Wong a.ka. Dennis Wong on YT. He likes the ADA lean dosing approach but with more PO4. You should check his site: https://www.advancedplantedtank.com/
Tons of good info.

I like to follow him as I am moving to high light in my next scape. He seems to always have a nice balance, basically algae free tanks and very high light.

I did pps-pro because I did not buy into the EI “one shoe fits all” approach (or at least my perception of it).
I know whom you speak of from at least one of the FB groups I’m in. Yes, quite knowledgeable.
I’m currently not running a Planted tank at the moment. If I ever get into highlight, it would probably be fishless. Just curious about what the next trend in design is going to be.

You've certainly mastered that particular segment of the hobby. Beautiful pic.

Considering competition is getting better and better each year too, making the top 500 is a worthy accomplishment. Congratulations. The tank is beautiful, lovely work.

Do the judges tell you any feedback on the project after judging?

Considering competition is getting better and better each year too, making the top 500 is a worthy accomplishment. Congratulations. The tank is beautiful, lovely work.

Do the judges tell you any feedback on the project after judging?

Thanks guys.

Nope no feedback from judges. I believe only a few from top 27 get that. Would be nice to get feedback but way to much work for judges honestly.

Another sneak peak before the FTS and final video.
forest 8 by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom