Nikon CoolPix owners...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
OK, sometimes I can be pretty stupid :roll: One of my biggest complaints about this cam has been that when you use the flash, it washes the color out. Something I didn't take into consideration was the White Balance of the cam when using the flash. The WB has been a manually set WB, but when the sample was taken, the flash wasn't used. So tonight I'm trying and trying to take a pic of my clown that is in focus when I start using the flash, I'm getting frustrated, I've go the shutter speed ramped up to 1/1000 of a sec and the pic is still washed out. So I start looking around the menu and what do I see? A preset WB for the Speedlight, duh.... So I set the WB to speedlight and low and behold the color is better, but it's still not true, it's a little yellow, so I play a little more and I try the florescent setting, it appears just a little blue, but either is a vast improvement over the manual preset!! I'm gonna attach a couple of pics in the next couple of replies to show you the difference and the difference you get when you use a decent photoediting program.

OK, this is a pic taken with the WB set to speed light preset. One pic will be a simple resize, sharpen and a compression. The pic was taken with the cam set at...
Shutter 1/250th
Aperture 10.1
WB preset speedlight

No they are not. They are great photos. The posting is to get people who have nikon coolpix cameras to consiter the white balance setting when using the flash as the same photos with a different white balance setting would end up with all the colors being totally washed out.

I was being sarcastic, I understood the post and understood it greatly. I love everything Kevin posts, they are always great shots. I love this type of thing, anything where you give hard facts about diff. cams if always good.

Back
Top Bottom