no more plastic plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mom2reds

Aquarium Advice Addict
Tell me what you think so far. I will be adding more plants in a couple of days thnks to happygirl.

Attachments

• 100_0406.jpg
    100_0406.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 185
  • 100_0407.jpg
    100_0407.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 100_0409.jpg
    100_0409.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 154
  • 100_0419.jpg
    100_0419.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 163
How much of a hassle was it for you to switch from fake to real plants? It looks good!

How much of a hassle was it for you to switch from fake to real plants? It looks good!
I just switched mine last Friday night, and if it wasn't for the 30" tall tank, the tansfer woud have been super simple. Pull up the old and shake off the gravel, and trim the bottoms off the new stems and stuff them into the gravel. For me, the only setback was my Sevrum, who seems to enjoy pulling on them, and up-rooted several stalks a few times. It just taught me to bury them a bit deeper.

Physically removing the fake and placing the real plants is not all that hard, but there is a LOT more to it than that.

Mom2reds, you look like you're well on your way to a lush, beautiful planted tank with a beautiful piece of DW as the center piece. Great pics, great plants, and I really like your Serpae's, very cool and quite impressive.

Physically removing the fake and placing the real plants is not all that hard, but there is a LOT more to it than that.

Well, right, I meant how expensive was it, did you get CO2 or other equipment, what new stuff do you have to buy for maintenance, how often do you have to trim, etc? :cool:

the lights were the only really expensive thing that I had to buy because I kept my watts under 2watts per gallon I did not really need to do CO2. The only other thing I had to buy besides the plants were the fertilizers which for me at the moment have be minimal. I not sure how often I will have to trim the plants because I have not had to yet.
An t-iasg I am not sure what kind of plant it is I beleive It is some kind of sword I have had It for 3 years almost It really has not grown really but just stayed alive, but since I got my new lights it has perked up quite a bit. So if anyone know what it is please name it.
Thanks everyone for your comments and kind words.

Great tank - very tranquil and beautiful - I fear that I don't have the know how to do real plants - But I'm sure the MTS that you people are fostering in me will command me to attempt it - really serene tank

Warped1 Plants like I have are not that hard all you need to know is in the planted tank forum in the stickies and then question away they are a great source of very smart and nice people in that site.

Back
Top Bottom