Not quite aquascaping. But my planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guppygirl87

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am getting the hang of all this aquarium stuff now. I have a 125l tank nicely cycled with 0's across the board. I am now starting to enjoy it soo much. I have added new plants today and 3 new rummy nose tetras. I now have

1 x pleco
1 x albino cory (friends died during cycling) :(
3x guppy
3 x platy
5 x rummy nose tetra

Do you think it will be okay to get one or two more corys in this size. Or is this enough as I have one on its own now.

image-501157601.jpg

image-4195491430.jpg

image-3828306177.jpg

image-3648366258.jpg

image-3793952621.jpg

image-2024465839.jpg

What kind of filter is that on the side a U2? that's a funky looking thermometer. The plants look great.

what kind of plants did you add? A couple look as if they could be non-aquatic.

I have a fluvel u3 and my old one stingray elite running with it to help the new one. It's worked as all levels are 0. Gonna take stingray out in a week.
My new 3 plants are

image-1707645848.jpg

And the two others I don't know names for but they are the these ones.

image-3079135535.jpg

image-3959495181.jpg

What do you think. And thanks all for comment. :)

bruinsbro1997 said:
Your tank looks nice! :)

But I do agree, some look non-aquatic. Sort of like the really big green leafy one in the second picture.

In the second pic is java moss and a fake wood piece with fake leaves, limnophilia sessiliflora and the eleocharis parvula. Are they ok?

Nice plants! I really don't know anything about plants, so I can't help you with that, sorry.

What kind of lighting do you have in the tank. Clearly you have fluorescent lights how many watts are they?

I have 2 x 20w. Is that okay? And are my plants aquatic? Thanks in advance I want to get this right.

One thing I have noticed is on your amazon swords plants some stems are missing leaves these plants can not re grow or fix there leaves you have to break them off as close to the roots as you can, nice looking tank by the way

richpowell1989 said:
One thing I have noticed is on your amazon swords plants some stems are missing leaves these plants can not re grow or fix there leaves you have to break them off as close to the roots as you can, nice looking tank by the way

Thank you. I will sort that.

I put plant gro every so often into my tank I have a 20 gallon with 1 fluorescent bulb, I also monitor the cheleated iron levels with a test kit.

I know people will also supplement cO2 as there are kits and DIY ways to do this.

Back
Top Bottom