Now I can sleep well tonight.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squidsquiggle

Aquarium Advice Regular
My friend asked me to feed their dogs while they're camping this weekend, and at the last minute tacked on "Oh, and could you feed the fish too?" To which I replied "Oh god when did you get a fish where is it oh no".

So. Within a few hours of them leaving, I'd scraped together some old supplies laying around, and now I am happy to show you Mr Betta's new (still not perfect but oh so much better) home.

From a 750 ml rum bottle full of old food, to a 3 gal with a 10 gal filter (with aged filter foam and slightly modified to have a lower return current), a betta hammock, and a little bit of subwassertang.

Now I can sleep peacefully knowing there's one fewer betta in a jar. :)

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1405795073169.jpg
    1405795073169.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 161
Well done you ! Makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside when you know you have bettered an animals life :)

Well done you ! Makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside when you know you have bettered an animals life :)

Thank you! It sure does. Every other time I went over this weekend, he just looked so happy and active, fins all up, exploring his environment.

Very warm and fuzzy, indeed. :)

I don't understand where the "they can live without a heater and filter" nonsense comes from. We rescued out first betta from a shop poor boy was in a tank full of large oscars and he was quite beaten up. We got told they just needed a tank with water so we did that. He was very lethargic and sat at the bottom all clamped up so I researched. Went and got a heater and filter and within a week he bloomed into the brightest happiest wee guy. It pays to make a difference :) hopefully your friends appreciate it !!

Well done.. let's hope they don't get all uppity over rearranging their counter;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't understand where the "they can live without a heater and filter" nonsense comes from. We rescued out first betta from a shop poor boy was in a tank full of large oscars and he was quite beaten up. We got told they just needed a tank with water so we did that. He was very lethargic and sat at the bottom all clamped up so I researched. Went and got a heater and filter and within a week he bloomed into the brightest happiest wee guy. It pays to make a difference :) hopefully your friends appreciate it !!

Same with this guy, he was all clamped up, sitting at the bottom when I first saw him. And my friends had the oh-so-common "but the pet store guy said he could live like that!" My next goal is to get them to buy him a heater (its hot enough @ the moment to not be a big deal).

I'm going to end up picketing for small pet and fish equality. Do your research! Stop letting pet shops lie to make money! Stop companies from making .5 gallon tanks!

Well done.. let's hope they don't get all uppity over rearranging their counter;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Naw, we're good enough friends that I told them straight up I was going to fix their fish issue and they were going to deal with it, and they agreed. They're just happy they didn't have to pay for it!

Great job! That betta really owes you big! You made his life 1,000 times better!!!

Friend of Bill W.
One day at a time

Thank you, guys! I might just have to save up for another little tank and get my own betta now. Ah, the endless craving for more tanks (and more rescued fish...)

Thank you, guys! I might just have to save up for another little tank and get my own betta now. Ah, the endless craving for more tanks (and more rescued fish...)

Welp, didn't mean to reply to myself, but can't for the life of me figure out how to delete on mobile...

Good job there, If that's what the betta was in before then I'm so glad they asked you to watch there dog and feed fish, you saved the poor fishes life, sorry but in my opinion pet shops are the biggest waste of space going, it's like mine there fish are all floating on top dying, and they say there's no problems, and have the cheek to say that we can't have more then 1 black Moore In a 3 ft tank, ( I mean they have about 20 odd crammed I to a tank less then a foot long)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom