off topic weeds and flowers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
reefrunner69 said:
Ah, but I bet it drives home how significantly different a photo can look from one monitor to the next, even calibrated the same by the same person ;)
Absolutely. All I can say is I'm glad that I don't print any photo images. That's an even bigger can of worms.
This is so true, unless you are a graphic artist that really knows the ins and outs of photoshop or the like, less editing usually equals better photos ;)
I concur. - Frank/Guppyman®

what kind of monitors are you guys using? i am absolutly in love with my apple flat screen display and the picture it produces.

although im not a graphic artist or photographer, i do enjoy taking some pictures here and there.

just another quick question, are most of your pictures over 100kb? the limit to upload to this forum is 100k i believe... what format do you suggest i use for the best quality pictures at low size?

the below image is the largest i could make the image without going over the limitations :( (that is, of course, if i could figure out how to add this image...)

lol sorry for posting it 3 times, they are all the same...it just never gave me an image uploaded conformation :-\

Hi WilliS,
Welcome to Aquarium Advice!

I have a Dell laptop. I use our desktop computer for image editing because it's a 19 inch monitor (NEC brand), and easy to see all the changes. I like taking pics and editing them too. I like practicing with Photoshop, but I'm hardly as good as these guys! I just saw a Sony Vaio laptop in the store, and that monitor was really nice and bright!

When you post a pic as an attachment, you don't see it in your preview. You don't see it until you submit the post.

BTW, what kind of flower is that?

Hey willis, I use a CRT monitor (I think, LOL).

For resizing your photos for upload to the web....check out this thread Resizing and optimizing (compressing) images in photoshop. Even if you don't use photoshop, the methods used in there can be adapted to whichever photo editor you use. At the risk of being labeled a spammer, while your there looking at that thread, have a look around, it's a new forum dedicated to photography.

Monitor Types

WilliS said:
what kind of monitors are you guys using? i am absolutly in love with my apple flat screen display and the picture it produces. - Quote edited by Frank/Guppyman®
My primary machine is a dual-monitor set-up, as previously mentioned. I have an Apple 17" flat-panel for palettes and clipboards, used in conjunction with an Apple 23" HD Cinema Display. Very sweet!

The secondary machine has the original Apple 21" Cinema Display. - Frank/Guppyman®

guppyman knows where its at :)

i will never buy anything but an apple display again... i have the 17 inch and love it... im not a professional anything yet (still a student) so i have no use for a 23" or a 30" for that matter... lol

ill end up just getting a website for posting images... resizing, cropping, and lowering quality kills my 6mp camera i think :p... and if it doesnt, it still makes me think it does...

im not sure what kind of flower it is... im moving into a new house in edinboro pennsylvania, we went up for the closing on the house and to move some stuff in and i was taking pictures of the house and saw the flower on the side of the house... i liked it, so i snapped a pic of it :)

ill end up just getting a website for posting images

@ 6mp, you won't post them here, even if linked. That is way beyond the size needed to display on the web, not to mention if you leave a 6 mp image up on the web, anyone can steal it and use it for anything, they can print a 20X30 with a 6 mp image, at 800X600 they can't even print a 4X6 ;)

Back
Top Bottom