Okay, here it is! Prettiest fish showcase!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
#1 - my new gold nugget pleco

#2- my tiger shovelnose hanging out above my dragon blood, Pinky T

Attachments

• image-3870434241.jpg
    image-3870434241.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 160
  • image-1959134365.jpg
    image-1959134365.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 177
Jlabonte said:
My mickey mouse swordtail platty

My male cheetah guppy

I think it might just be a swordtail. I've never heard of a Micky mouse swordtail platy, lol. Yet again I might be wrong. He's really beautiful though.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Thanks! Please excuse the algae.. Haha thats a hard spot to clean :nono:

Don't worry lol I,ve got spots like that too, even my snails can't break through it!

Scribbled Rabbit Fish & Lawnmower Blenny :D

Attachments

• image-529373918.jpg
    image-529373918.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 75
  • image-3672357312.jpg
    image-3672357312.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 69
  • image-664641214.jpg
    image-664641214.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 68
My Parrot
image-642790987.jpg

One of my Oscars
image-2152376178.jpg

My cheeky Sixline Wrasse hiding in my Skimmer
image-1186929898.jpg

Sorry I'm very indecisive and couldn't choose just one.

Gorgeous Oscar.... I had dreams of a beautiful landscaped Oscar tank, then I got a puffer from Walmart lol, it was too much for me to handle.... Nice to see them thrive.

ktomminello said:
Gorgeous Oscar.... I had dreams of a beautiful landscaped Oscar tank, then I got a puffer from Walmart lol, it was too much for me to handle.... Nice to see them thrive.

Thank you, I've had Peewee and Herman since they were 2" babies, they are now 7-8" and are my favorite fish.

I wish I could've kept mine, but the cost of changing my puffer to salt and then setting up and cycling a FOWLR left me with 2 lively 6 inch oscars in a 55g and no money or time or space for the 110g I was gonna set up for them. I miss mine.

I got my 125g when my oscars got to 4" in my 37g along with a bunch of other cichlids, all have been moved over and are very happy with their new conditions. Sorry you had to give up yours. I also love puffers and have a Figure 8 in a 10g by himself and would love to upgrade him to a 20g just don't have the $ just yet. I would be hard pressed to choose between the two.

Both of my oscars
image-1464768882.jpg

My Figure 8
image-2526154451.jpg

That's exactly how I felt, luckily my mom has several indoor pond and river set ups, she has them in a grassy riverbed habitat. She feeds them pellets for me and on the weekends I visit and grab a few of her goldfish or koi babies and watch them hunt. I didn't know then that I was gonna catch the saltwater bug when I took on the project of changing a freshwater Walmart gsp to salt... Once I started in with my puffys 40g and live sand and rock I was hooked. Bioload on a 10g puffer tank is insanely high- is he a saltwater with CUC or are you doing pwc all the time? He is gorgeous, as is your cichlid tank, I'm sooo envious, lol.

I do pwc weekly, about 75% if not more and he's in brackish water. No cuc at all. It also helps that I have a top fin 40g hob filter on the tank so plenty of filtration. I would love to be able to fully acclimate him to a marine salinity and put him in my 40g breeder FOWLR tank, but all the research I've done says they are best kept as brackish only. I would love an indoor pond setup but I am renting a condo and am gracious to get away with my tanks. I'm glad you are still able to visit your oscars though.

Negative on the live plants, all are plastic and silk, some bought and some home made for 1/4 the price of the instore ones. I only bought a few packs of plants early on and then started making my own. I have debated taking with plunge into planted but all my time and money has been going into my saltwater plunge I took more recently as well.

Back
Top Bottom