Okay, here it is! Prettiest fish showcase!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i SWEAR that 2nd pic looks EXACTLY like my cobalt zebra female. to the T. is it the same fish as the 3rd pic??
i think mine is a zebra cos of the amount of stripes it has, and it was sold as cobalt zebra, other than that iv never been very sure.

i SWEAR that 2nd pic looks EXACTLY like my cobalt zebra female. to the T. is it the same fish as the 3rd pic??
i think mine is a zebra cos of the amount of stripes it has, and it was sold as cobalt zebra, other than that iv never been very sure.

No, that is the same male Kenyi in the previous pic. before he turned yellow. It was a bit of a shock to us too, when he started to turn yellow. We had bought him as a Cobalt Blue female, then oops, he was neither female or a CBZ.
The 3rd pic is of my female Kenyi.
I know it amazing how much a juvenile Kenyi male looks exactly like an adult Kenyi female.

Last edited:
I have 3 American...2 blood parrots n a green sevrum

I figured that you may be fairly new to raising Cichlids since you didn't know about Kenyi's changing color.
I hate being the one to tell you this but some of your fish shouldn't be kept together. Some fish can adapt to almost anything, but that doesn't mean that they are thriving.
The biggest difference is with your Favorite Kenny (the Kenyi) and your Green Severum.
Your Kenyi will grow up to 6" & needs a minimum 50g tank with a pH of 7.8-8.6 and KH of 10-15
The Green Severum will grow up to 8" and will fit in the 50g but the pH needs to be 6.0-6.5 with the KH being 4-5.
Those are some pretty big differences for them to try and adapt to
As far as your Americans, chances are that they have water needs closer to your Green Severum, than they are to your Kenyi.

It's never a very good idea to mix Africans with Any of the South American, North American, or Central American Cichlids. In fact you shouldn't really mix African Cichlids for different lakes. Your Kenyi is from Lake Malawi, which has to many different types of Cichlids to count.
Your Blood Parrot is a whole different story. Many people in this hobby are trying to have them out lawed, due to their deformities caused by their selective breeding. I always liked them too, until I found out about how they were bred.
I really hate being so negative about other peoples choices in fish but we all want whats best for the pets we love so much.

Blood parrot cichlid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Let's not jump to conclutions that they r all together ...I have three fish tanks...a 50,55,30...u don't need to tell me about how to mix fish, I am knoledgeable enough thanks

Let's not jump to conclutions that they r all together ...I have three fish tanks...a 50,55,30...u don't need to tell me about how to mix fish, I am knoledgeable enough thanks

Sorry, I really meant no offence. The way you wrote it, it sounded like they were all in the same tank.
And a lot of people do put them together because to many FS will sell them together without a thought.

the cobalt blue zebra turned kenyi..... how many stripes does it have? mine is wierd, i saw it attempting to spawn with my smaller CBZ before it got disturbed, could it just be VERY confused? i am :L

Gboy66 said:
My peacock eel...come to think about it..hes actually pretty ugly.. Hahahaha

If I am not mistaken I seen one of these on you tube and the guy said when he got it she was 4 inches and within a year on a diet of nothing but night crawlers was over 4 ft. long and growing check it out crazy this thing is huge

Greenphantom said:
If I am not mistaken I seen one of these on you tube and the guy said when he got it she was 4 inches and within a year on a diet of nothing but night crawlers was over 4 ft. long and growing check it out crazy this thing is huge

What the heck??? Haha well if mine gets that big, hopefully not, ill have to donate it to a dang zoo!!!

I just went and looked again its actually a tire track eel but I think they are pretty close to the same thing so check it out tire track eel on youtube

Ya that thing is huge!!! Its fed earth worms!! But tire track eels and peacocks look alike but are very different.... Tires get lik 3 times as big

Back
Top Bottom