One of my oscars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very Nice! I love my two oscars, definitely my favorite fish. I treat them like they're my kids, they grow up so fast.

Thanks guys and gals, that's Herman, he's quite the personality in the tank and likes to watch me as much as I watch him.

image-808921769.jpg

image-223498628.jpg this are my three oscars;)) ur Oscar looks like mine wen he was a lil younger.. Look

image-1638912052.jpg

Attachments

• image-149257157.jpg
    image-149257157.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 92
  • image-2269090825.jpg
    image-2269090825.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 97
Nice oscars, only Herman gained the really bright orange like your oscars, Peewee (my other Oscar) is still a very drab black and gray coloration with a little orange. I still love him the same though! Your oscars have some really deep oranges, I like them a lot, how big are they?

This is Peewee btw.

image-1018334402.jpg

A little boring, color wise, but he makes up for it in feistiness.

Datz a big guy! He looks healthy ! He looks really nice I lk him man! I feed mine lots color enhancer pellets like hikari gold ,tetra color cichild sticks,. hakari frozen products those are the best to me.!!. lots of crickets .. The light brown name Norman is 4" . The one with the mouth open name oscarito my fav is 5". And the big guy is almost at 8" his name is oscarin.. And dis guy like mangos!:)

I'm going to have to try some mangoes, I feed hikari pellets and tetra sticks crisps and flakes, sometimes some diced flounder (really for my snowflake eel, but they get some too.) both of mine are about 7", maybe 8".

You think I could add a med size oscar with my two jack dempsy? One is 6" and the other is 2"

What Size tank? Any other inhabitants? What kind of filtration?

That's a tight squeeze for those fish at full size, 2 10" Jack Dempseys and a 15" Oscar. IME it's not a good idea. You have the right idea with your filtration and you could probably do another medium sized cichlid but not something as large as an Oscar. Maybe if you had just one jack than MAYBE... and I mean MAYBE you could get away with it without issues. I would suggest maybe a blood parrot in you situation, I love mine and he is full of personality.

Back
Top Bottom