Opinions on my photography

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jack.Cullen

Aquarium Advice Regular
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413493445.648186.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413493471.697401.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413493501.608395.jpg

1st picture- Turquoise discus
2nd picture- Geophagus orange head
3rd picture- Geophagus orange head

Options and feedback welcomed

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

For the first two pics I would say that they look technically strong but I am not sure the composition is compelling.

In the third pic the composition is stronger but the picture is out of focus. A rule of thumb for fish photography is to always make sure the eye is sharp and in-focus. even if other parts are not due to depth of field.

Thanks for your feedback I appreciate it, yeah the third pic is out if focus still working on it these are done of the lesser quality photos because they're the only ones on my phone.

You took those with your phone?

Not easy to get those shots with a phone camera.

No they're taken with a Nikon d3200, but I use the app for the forums on my phone and it is a lengthy process to transfer images taken from my camera onto my phone

No they're taken with a Nikon d3200, but I use the app for the forums on my phone and it is a lengthy process to transfer images taken from my camera onto my phone
Couldn't you just log into the forums on your computer and upload them that way or do you not have access to one?

Always loved the Nikon. I've got a d5100 and still barely know what it can do. I took it to last years Sylvania 300 and this is one of the highlights. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413502337.619937.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

That looks nice the fire really shows up, I don't know much about the d5100 but my camera store advised me to use the 'm' on the selection knob at the top of the camera. It allows you to customise more and adjust to your preferences

That looks nice the fire really shows up, I don't know much about the d5100 but my camera store advised me to use the 'm' on the selection knob at the top of the camera. It allows you to customise more and adjust to your preferences

Thanks for the compliment and the tip. I'll have to look that up and some of the associated settings. We have some Ospreys that nest close to where my equipment is kept and I'll have to get those of my desktop.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

Back
Top Bottom