Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-26-2005, 04:10 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Kevin, do you know what kind of flower is the second-to-last shot? It looks very alien close up!
Thanks, it's a passion flower and it looks kinda alien from further away too, LOL.

Quote:
When I try to add pics it says I have reached my upload limit.....
That's because the board has an upload limit and so does the gallery. How much gallery space you've used has no effect on your upload space to the board. You can free up space by clicking the profile button under one of your posts (to view your profile, not update it) and there will be a link to manage your upload space for the board

Qtoffer, I love all three, especially the bridges...but it does look like you need to clean your sensor, got some dust bunnies. If you've not done it before or know how.... http://www.pbase.com/copperhill/ccd_cleaning That's what I use, I haven't bought the brush yet....but I'm going to, swiping the sensor is easy and it will make it squeaky clean

Steve, nice job!! You look much younger than I expected from reading some of your posts!

An t-iasg, great job on the milk weed, I don't think we have that around here, I've never seen it before.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 04:22 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

Here are a few from the fourth this year. We have a pretty lame FW display, but it's better than nothing.

Old 08-26-2005, 04:38 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Talloulou, are you sure that your pics aren't too big? There's a 250 KB filesize limit, and a pixel depth limit too - I think it's 800 x 600.

If you still have problems, try PMing Fishfreak - maybe it's a glitch.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:23 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks for the help reefrunner. I didn't even realize I had all those attachements that could be managed through my profile! I guess I deleted my whole gallery for nothing 8O
But it should work now .....so here's my summer QT pics
Old 08-26-2005, 05:25 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

here's one more.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:27 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

The first two pics were taking at the zoo. The bunny was taken at Priest Point Park really quick before my kids spotted it and chased it away. I like it cause it takes a second to find what your looking at. The frog was taken at the Nisqually Wildlilfe Refuge pond. What I really need is a zoom lens! And maybe some photography lessons. But I really love digital cameras as I am now free to shoot to my hearts content. I have been using the macro feature on my fish but the photos I have seen from you guys have inspired me to start bug & blossom hunting :P And I think my pics have improved since I began searching this site far & wide for tips, especially when it comes to capturing fish. Great pics everyone & thanks for your help as usual!
Old 08-27-2005, 12:05 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think I see what you mean, Kevin - the four slightly darker splotches above and to the right of the airship's red vertical stabilizer, right?

I guess I haven't noticed them because I don't usually take pics with so much blue sky. How can you tell that they're on the sensor, and not on the lens? I just looked at that lens, and it did need a good cleaning. In any case, I've had the camera for over 18 months, and haven't cleaned the sensor yet, so I might as well swing by the camera store this weekend and get a cleaning kit.

Talloulou, if it makes you feel any better about deleting your whole gallery, that peacock picture is outstanding!
Old 08-28-2005, 10:35 AM   #18
AA Team Emeritus

talloulou, great shots!!! I especially like the tigers!

QToffer, yep the dark splotches, I've never known dust on the lens to cause problems, except maybe softness, however on the sensor is another story. I use a rocket blower to blow off the sensor about once per week or more and use the copperhill sensor swipes to clean the sensor about once per month.

OK everyone...are we the only people that have taken pics this summer?

Old 08-28-2005, 10:42 AM   #19
AA Team Emeritus

Here is one I took this past summer that won a contest, the theme was statuesque.

Tin Men

Old 08-28-2005, 11:24 AM   #20
AA Team Emeritus

Ok...here's one of my favorites...sunrise over the city on morning:

Tags
oto, photos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com