Our Cryptoheros collection, plus a few others

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

severum mama

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've had a few requests... ;)

So I just wanted to share some pics of some of our cichlids. Enjoy!

Cryptoheros cutteri- they look like this after less than 24 hours out of the bag. LOL. These are great fish. The female has some fin damage but both are eating well and I expect it to heal quickly.
DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

Cryptoheros sajica "blue form"- We got a group of these from a club speaker and while back and have just been growing them out ever since. We recently separated what we believe to be a female from this nice male, and hope to re-introduce her when we can get some more size on her. Anyway, here is the male.
DSC_0022.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

Cryptoheros kanna- this is a pic of our male. Our female is hiding. LOL. They are a young pair and have spawned once, the fry made it to free swimming stage. If this guy's recent antics are any indication, we should be finding more eggs very soon. LOL
DSC_0041.JPG

Cryptoheros panamensis- we picked up a group of these from the same speaker that brought the kanna. They seem to be very slow growers but I'm hoping the growth rate picks up now that we have moved the 3 that we have from a 20 gal growout tank to a 55 by themselves. These two look like they might want to start pairing up. LOL.
DSC_0067.JPG

And just a few others (we do have more cichlids that just aren't pictured, lol)...

Nannacara anomala- I love these fish. Easy to keep, easy to breed, and really unique little dwarf acara. First pic is of our breeding male, not in breeding colors. I witnessed their second spawn on the 14th and we pulled the male out and put him into another tank, so he went back to normal coloration. We left the female with the babies for a bit, but we pulled her out tonight. The second pic is the female. She is still in breeding colors and she's VERY upset about being pulled tonight. We'll have to keep the male and female separated until we are ready for more fry. I literally watched them spawn 30 minutes after I put them back into the same tank.
DSC_0043.JPG

DSC_0045.JPG

Herotilapia multispinosa- these little rainbow cichlids don't look like much yet, but they will be beautiful when they get some size on them.
DSC_0048.JPG

And finally, our baby Rotkeil severums and Geophagus brasiliensis. So cute! :)
DSC_0058.JPG

Thanks! We love the Nannacara anomala too. They are really neat little dwarf cichlids. :)

The rotkiels are the baby fish with the vertical bars in the last pic. They're only about .75" right now. We'll be growing them out for awhile more. lol

Back
Top Bottom