Our non fishy friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The white rat in my signature is one of my two rats, bill. The second rat is named ted (Bill and Ted). I also have an orange tabby named mango, whom is more of a family pet. I used to have snakes, Ive had 3 in my lifetime, and am thinking about getting more but not sure if I have the time for more animals.

I also have an orange tabby named mango, whom is more of a family pet.

Does your cat show any interest in your rats?

Ive had 3 in my lifetime, and am thinking about getting more but not sure if I have the time for more animals.

What happend to them? Did you have to give them up due to them getting to large?

When/If you do get one or if you just want to socalize with those who keep snakes take a look at our sister site www.reptileadvice.com

One of my snakes who was a kingsnake got very big and mean and was a little out of my range, I ended up giving him to a nature center so others could learn about snakes. The other two ratsnakes ended up dieing of old age. The cat, sleeps on top of the rat cage! He actually hasnt made any attemps to get in, I think he might have made some kind of a connection that the rats are special to the rest of his family (if he is that smart, that would probably equal a cat phd) but outside, hes all over the poor little rodents.

Yea, well rats are cool too, extremly smart. Bill (the one pictured) will come when he is called. Also, on good days, my rats will go back into their cage on command (normally with a little bit of rice crispys as insentive) while their out roaming in my room. Some of the smartest and most adaptable rodents, they can work around any obsticle they come across while exploring. Wonderful pets, won't bite, good natured, and intellegent! sorry, I love my rats so much I strayed a little bit off topic. hope that rodent forum gets more members soon!

Back
Top Bottom