Our tank today 16 march 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kerryB

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Your image is not popping up, I think you paste the wrong img code. Please double check.

I think your tank looks really nice and well astablished. How old is your tank melosu58?
Me and my hubby are new to the saltwater but we are learning new things as we go along.
We started off with a 60L nano tank in dec last year but we wanted more fish as the nano you are limited on stock, so we done away with the nano after a while, before we got rid of the nano we where setting up the new one that you now see in the pic we tranfered our few fish we had at the time and rock, and now we have a few more fishes that we could not have before and we are really injoying it.

If you have any tips for me on anything that would be great.
As i said we are newbies we only ever kept tropical in the past. lol

Thanks again and i hope mine gets like your eventually.

What kind of lighting do you have on your tank KerryB

The key to a nice SW tank is letting mature and get stable. Once you do that then fish, corals and inverts seem to blend on in as long as patience is observed. You`ll do fine.

Thats great advice thanx.
Just one more thing how long do yellow tangs live for and can you get nori ( green seaweed ) cheaper anywhere else other than LFS.

I get dried seaweed for cheap at Petsmart of Petco. My tang is over ten yrs old. Several of my fish and corals are over 10 yrs old.

I love the look of your setup and cant wait to go saltwater. Wanna get some points up on the freshwater first. Love the colour and simplicity of you setup.

Back
Top Bottom