Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-01-2003, 12:28 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

One thing you should do, if you want to get the most out of your PSP, is buy a book or look for online tutorials on the different features. The how to is out there, you just got to find it and then experiment.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 12:35 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here is my work using the lasso thing.

Old 07-01-2003, 06:41 PM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
Wow, I have PSP7 and Photoshop, dont know how to use either of them.
You guys have inspired me!~
Old 07-01-2003, 08:05 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

There are some great user groups with PSP tuts on yahoo, very helpful members too.
Also, check out Jasc.com, the makers of PSP. They have some unreal guest authored tuts
Louise
Old 07-02-2003, 04:44 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

This has nothing to do with this, but found this picture and found it quite amusing. Look carefully.
Old 07-05-2003, 01:05 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

I use PSP7 as well; there is a TON of things you can do with it, and its not that far behind Photoshop in terms of ability.

For example, the pic below is one I did for a joke on another forum (assuming i do the attachment correctly):
Old 07-05-2003, 02:00 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

LMAO, that is great.
Old 07-05-2003, 02:24 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Heh, was a running joke. Someone called clown loaches the ADHD poster children of the fish world and, well, I couldn't resist.

And since you had asked previously about how to do stuff like that, I'll give you a basic outline of what I did:

Found the 2 pics that I wanted to combine (that can be a pain sometimes, finding exactly what you want).

The one with Jerry also had a handicapped girl in it, and I needed to remove her. I used the clone tool that was mentioned previously. Picked an area on the curtains that was clear, and used the clone tool to cover up the girl (by clicking on the area I wanted to copy with the shift button already depressed, then moving the cursor to the area I wanted to cover).

Then I went to work on the loach. I did a rough outline with the freehand selection tool (the lasso), then cut n pasted it as a new image. I used the eraser tool to get rid of all the extra stuff.

I then copied and pasted THAT into the Jerry pic. I then used the deformation tool (the box thingie under the magnifying glass/zoom tool) to rotate and resize the loach (it was too big and not at the angle I wanted).

One I cleaned up all the edges so everything looked neat, I merged all the layers and used the effects tools (enhance photo) to match saturation and color (didn't get it exactly right, but worked ok).

The whole thing took me about 10 minutes (not including the time I took to find my base pictures).

Oh and btw, LOL as you noticed, getting the shadows right is REALLY important LOL that one legged boy pic is a hoot!

Tags
paint

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com