Pepper and the cats.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Pepper lounging on the bay window seat with the cats.

Pepper and Zoe. Jewel is hiding behind the cage.

Pepper and Jewel. Midnight is sleeping in the cat bed. He was "knocking" to wake her up LOL.

Pepper and Jewel again. Pepper seems to have a crush on Jewel. ::)

LOL!! I just love your CAG! He looks very healthy , his plumage is nice and silky, bright eyes!! colors bright, nails and beak trimmed, and well preened!!! :)

although I did notice that he is clipped on one wing but not the other? that can hurt a bird if it try's to fly :(

blazeyreef said:
LOL!! I just love your CAG! He looks very healthy , his plumage is nice and silky, bright eyes!! colors bright, nails and beak trimmed, and well preened!!! :)

although I did notice that he is clipped on one wing but not the other? that can hurt a bird if it try's to fly :(

He isn't clipped, he is our rescue. Before we got him, a few years ago, he had been kept in a cage in a basement and he plucked. He tore out his flight feathers on one side completely and many of the other side. As a result Pepper can't fly. He was also very underweight when we got him and had many vitamin deficiencies. He was fed greasy foods, and sugary foods and seeds only. Now his diet is healthy, his weight is up, his feathers look good and he has a clean bill of health. And despite the vet telling us it would be unlikely he would ever get flight feathers back, he has successfully grown a new flight feather, it is about a week old!

I just love seeing pics of him.

I'm so glad you rescued him; it sounds like he has the best life ever--getting to pick on cats and not be picked on back!

I am the luckiest person in the world to have Pepper. He is a blessing to us. He can make me smile on the worst of days. He is so happy and animated here with us. His vocabulary has expanded so much. He even "helps" with water changes. (Help means stand on the python hose :))

Ah yes my little Jewel, she is a beauty and of course she knows it. And knows how to flaunt it and use it to her advantage. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom