Photo Help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just purchased a Canon Powershot Pro1. I can not take a good pic of a fish period. I am tying to take close up pics. The fish will be in focus when I take the picture but because the fish is constantly moving the pic always blurs. Any pointers on what setting I should use for this? I have been messing with the shutter speed but have not got it right yet. Taking pics of corals etc is not a problem.

i have always like the auto setting with cameras. i have a cannon powershot a60 and it is only 2 mp but seems to do ok. use shutter mode. where it takes like 5 picutres per second. u have unlimited film might as well take advantage of it. also if u have a tripod use it. just use auto setting with flash off and macro on(macro usually looks like a little flower omewhere on the cam) and just take ALOT of pictures. u will get alot of crap but maybe 2 or 3 good. i usually take about 100 pics and only keep around 5 or 10.

I say go with the auto... and use the macro setting, with any tank shots... your camera should have a 1/2 button press auto focus... then it will snap fast once you depress it all the way. Hold the camera at aslight angle down as well... see if that works. Pics are looking good to me! :)

here is a quick pic i just ran up and did of my new angle. i took 15 pics and only kept 1. the others were all ok but this one turned out great. good focus,colour and no blur :) just takes a little time and patience lol. actually this pic is wayyyyy to big so it looks kinda bad when u look at it.
img_633664_0_2e919d82faf34af056aff75e271d406a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom