Photos of Red bellied females

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't have any live plants in that tank...but I read that you can put in some lettuce for the infusoria to develop. What do you mean by free swimming? you mean not following their parents? There is one fry that ran away from the group...and when the father tried to catch it the fry went crazy. I never knew a fry could be so fast! I read that you can put boiled egg yolk in the tank for the fry to eat or buy powdered egg yolk which is smaller for the fry.

When the female deposits her eggs, the male will come by and fertilize. Within about 3-4 days, they will hatch and it will take another 3-4 days before they can actually swim.

Yes, you can boil an egg and use the egg yolk to feed the fry, but I personally think it's way too messy and really fouls up your water. Just get some first bites or crush up some flakes. It's just as good.

hmmm they were swimming on the first day that I saw them...

hmmm they were swimming on the first day that I saw them...

Sometimes the parents will take them out and other times they won't until they are free swimming. The parents will usually bring food into them until they are ready to venture out.

Then they must have hatched two days before I saw them or something...because the first time I saw them they were allready out on a trip...& when the parents were out, some fry were swiming up and down the glass.

Back
Top Bottom