Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-05-2006, 09:19 PM   #11
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

How do I do that?

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:25 PM   #12

is your lighting normally the color in the pictures?

Pictures should look exactly the same as your tank in your house.

Old 05-05-2006, 09:37 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Heavy antic. I will buy some soon. Hey Mike you have some pink stuff on your glass.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:48 PM   #14
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

I think you and Brian have MH where I have VHO. Like Brian said actinic light might have something to do with it. I`m getting ready to buy a 2nd set of VHO lights.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

View my tank

Old 05-06-2006, 08:35 AM   #15
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

I noticed if I take a pic on the auto mode the brightness is OK but pic is blurry. If I take a pic on sports mode crystal clear but on the dark side. How can I brighten up the sports mode.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

View my tank

Old 05-06-2006, 09:50 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

the sports mode is taking a faster pic and there for cutting out some light. auto mode is alwasy the best way to go. if u are getting blur then try resting the camera on a desk or chair or something. auto with no flash always seems to work for me. it may be a little harder if u have alot of water movement. do you have manual settings? on my camera they are marked with letters ona little dial where i can shoose my different settings (i.e sports, panoramic, portrait, video...) if u do have manual look for shutter speeds, they will be marked 1/4 116 1/125... 1500...1/2000 etc(sorry if u already know this) just set up the camera somehwere solid(to reduce movement of course lol) and then just keep taking pics using each of the shutter speeds untill u get one that looks like the natural colour of your tank. its a digital camera so dont be afraid to take alot of pictures. i will sometimes take like 200 pics at once and only keep a handful of them. but i must say that your pictures are million times better since the last ones!! i am glad photobucket worked for u. makes things alot easier lol. as for the links... to one is a link u post if u want people to click on it to see it and the bottom one makes the pic appear(as u probably already know lol) if u wnat to really get into it u can start posting links that are just a word to get to hat u want. for example if i wanted to put a pic of one of my friends i can post the link saying only her name like this... MARY ... and that link will take u to her name. [url=http://url] <--------- that is the code for it. but after that code u have to type in[url] but with a backslash infront or url like this-----> /url. i had to type it like that becasue it would have become a link if i did it normally lol) if u go to the top where it has all the little buttons that say "quote" "code" "list" put your mouse over the one that says "url". dont click it just go to it and it shows a little bar above the message box that will have that code in it. if u copy and paste the link(like i do lol casue i neevr remember what it is) u can just sub in your own info. erase httpp://url and psdte in the url from the page u want. then erase URL text and type in the word or words u want peopl to see when going to the link. lol i hope that makes a little sense and i didnt just go on a pointless rant lol. sorry for hijacking your thread nccmike lol. that first pic is amazing what kind of coral is the orange one?
Old 05-06-2006, 10:16 AM   #17

thats what the post was for, to start up discussion. Good advice.

Coral is a hairy mushroom. Coolest one I've seen.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:30 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to Florida8
LOVE the hairy shroom cave !!!!!!!!! Awesome shot!
29g reef
2 ph and 1 HOB =460 gph
130watt Orbit lighting system
50+lbs lr
1 blue green chromis, domino, blue devil
6 turbo snails
1 mantis GRRRR!
Florida8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:17 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Regular

Here are a few tips for yall.

1. Tripod of your not already using one.
2. Compose your pictures using the rule of thirds. Be sure to not have distracting backgrounds or areas around the tank unless its used for framing.

Someone said the pictures should come out in true to life color but thats not true at all. The sensor in your camera can sense colors that we can not and then bring them out just like film. Especially if you are shooting around night time or with the lights off and the aquarium light on you can get some sweet colors that you will not normally see.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:23 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

here is the best shot I have ever taken. Taken with a Kodak z740 on who knows what settings??? I just point and shoot!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brain_119.jpg (41.8 KB, 24 views)

R.I.P Walena K. Cox
7/7/62 - 8/11/2002
Jermz79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pic

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com