Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-05-2010, 10:09 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

i never pulled him out but i could hold him which i thought was weird... if i crunch up some flakes and throw them in there lights off... i still wouldnt see him eat =]. but would i overfeed?

King_Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:19 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Maybe, try to get some sinking catfish pellets, they work much better. Just throught a few in there, he will get them, they always do. Did you look up a featherfin syno online, or atleast just a syno to find out if that was what he is?

Old 01-06-2010, 08:25 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etunes View Post
Maybe, try to get some sinking catfish pellets, they work much better. Just throught a few in there, he will get them, they always do. Did you look up a featherfin syno online, or atleast just a syno to find out if that was what he is?
i dont know what that is...

cat fish pellets for my betta? or the unknown cat fish somewhat look a like? any advice on the "plants"
Old 01-06-2010, 08:41 PM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

Google synodontis eupterus ... if that is the fish you have, be careful when picking him up. You shouldn't need to but if you do his "featherfin" is actually more like a razorfin. It is extremely sharp so watch your hands! Also, they also call them the squeaker catfish because they squeak when you have them out of water. Oh and they can grow over a foot long.

Not to be the bearer of bad news but I think your tank is overstocked. Even with the just the goldfish you have I would say its overstocked. They are notoriously messy fish.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:05 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

that is it actually... i read 8 inch max... yeah i dont really want most of these fish and im probably gonna give them to some girls i know and my brother might take some even though he has dempseys
Old 01-06-2010, 10:13 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

lol, yay i guessed right. I thought i recognized it from that tiny pic. I love synos, just so cool looking. As long as your brother has a sufficent size tank the synodonis should be able to be with them. If you shipped i would take him.

Abou the overstock i agree. You have a way overstocked tank. 7 fish that are a high bio-load (all goldfish). Goldfish are hi-bioload fish and IMO you have to many goldfish in that tank, especially if the bettas and stuff are with them. If you could rehome them or trade them in to someone that would be the way to go. Start calling around to fish shops in your area to see if they will take them. If you can't find a fish shop/pet store to take them then post them on craiglist as free.

by the way, syno = synodonis.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:20 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Regular

yeah i just got them from someone who didnt take care of the tank at ALL but i do want to get rid of some mainly the gold fish just cause they are kind of plan but like i said i do know some that have tanks empty so ill hit them up...
[OUOTE]As long as your brother has a sufficent size tank the synodonis should be able to be with them.[/QUOTE]
I think im gonna keep him or is that a bad idea? i was gonna lose the goldfish.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:21 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ya, i believe it would be fine. The only thing is that they are know for LOVING tetras, i know of someone were over a 2 week period it ate15 neons and 1 nite it ate 7 rummynose tetras. They wait tell they are asleep and YUM YU YUM. The tetras like sleeping on the bottom that is why. So it is up too you. And some will be aggressive to other bottom dwellers but this vary from fish to fish. So it is up to you. Does he ever seem aggressive to your corydoras? They are also known to be seeen swimming upside down which is not uncommon in the synodonis species. ANd once they are established in your tank for a while they will start comin out more. If you ever add any other bottom dwellers (which i would not suggest in your tank with a syno and corydoras already) you might want to rerange the decor to confuse it and make it establish a new territory.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:26 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Regular

to be honest im not sure they are tetras...
hes never aggressive ive seen him dart out fast and dart back fast thats about it... he does swim upside down that wad my next question actually hah.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:24 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just keep an eye on him, if he has not been aggressive then i would not worry about it. Like i said, that verys from fish to fish. You main concern should be getting rid of those goldfish.

Tags
55 gallon, hex, hex tank, pics, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com