Pics/Ideas Hex Tank 55gal 27x22x22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm still thinking that it is the white spots that come and go on adult synos. Like etunes said, keep an eye on the tank and watch for any other white spots.

That is fine. Slate works well in aquariums. The only thing with convicts is that they are big baby makers so watch out. And they are not as easy to get rid of as guppies.

With the slate, make sure you soak it for a few days first. When we did our 40g with slate, I didn't know about that and we had an oil slick on the surface. Now if I use slate I know better and let the oil slick happen in the bucket :)

what you mean 'oil slick'? i was wanting to try that styrofoam cut out for a background for the texture and what not anyone recommend that as well?
Spio III Co2 diffuser - 55 aquarium gallon fish tank - eBay (item 250305657547 end time Jan-30-10 18:43:34 PST)
what exactly is this? could i help my fish at all? i like the look of it haha but as far as cleaning or anything helpful?
is there a site or something i can find items specifically for a hex tank? im wanting a new lid maybe some light fixtures..

Creating your own background is a whole diffrent story, you should do research on how to do it. It is cool when you do it and makes your cage uniqe and there safe. there is a whole lot of work that goes into them though. The oil slick she is talking about is something that gets on the surface of the water, kinda like if oil is on the surface of the water. It is harmless to the fish and i just let it be as it goes away in a water change or 2. If you soak it for a week or 2 before putting it into your tank then you are ok.

ahh i see and nevermind that last post about ebay item i read its for plants but thanks ya any links to something about creating backgrounds? i read a little bit about it on here i think and it sounds cool and i think i could make it look equally as cool haha.

Slate is an oily stone. When submerged it releases oils. It's not toxic to the fish, just creates that oily rainbow sheen on top of the water until you do a few water changes.

The ebay item is a CO2 diffuser for people that use CO2 for planted tanks.

HELP!!!
one of my fat fancy goldfish is sick i think? its laying on my gravel it will swim when ifeed but it lays on the bottom what is wrong? please help someone.

Sounds like you have a lazy goldfish to me. If you are that concerned you could QT it but you probably do not have a QT tank. If you are really worried what is your water parameters? Has anything changed in the tank? 1 remedy that might spunk up your goldfish is feeding him some blanched peas. The goldfish really like it, but be prepared it is a natural laxitive to the fish. It will clean out there system. So you might need to do a extra water change or 2.

Back
Top Bottom