Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-29-2009, 12:39 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Pics/Ideas Hex Tank 55gal 27x22x22

if you have a hex tank or ideas i need some help im wanting a FW Tank. But wouldnt mind see other set up pics. LMK your set up from fish to accessories and all.. close to 55gal is best but pics are good also.
55Gal

Fish I have unsure of what kind it is though :p...

...he is more active at night and his has some whiskers he seems to eat the algae or whatever may be on the plastic ornaments hes cool looking none the less

Old 12-30-2009, 03:04 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Hi there!! I see you're going for FW but I have a 21L Hexy, which is a 5 Gallon tank! It's saltwater though.
Here's some pics, not sure if they'll help at all

Old 12-30-2009, 09:12 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

well it didnt help all that much but it is fun to look at =].
Wish i could own a SW tank im gonna try and post my tank right now but might look bad cause cell phone picture =[...
no one has hex tanks? or ideas? im thinking of getting a eel of some sort or lobster any comments??
where can i buy rocks like that pingu? or something similar for a FW set up? i like the look of those and rather have one of them than the plastic set up and what not.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:18 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

anyone know the name or type of fish i pictured? hes has whiskers black woth spots active at night i just want to make sure he is healthy and be sure not to worry about him cause i feel a bit worried.
King_Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:01 PM   #5
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

i cant see them because they are so small... could you possibly get any more pictures? if its got whiskers, its probably some sort of catfish...

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:50 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

i might be able to get bigger/better pictures but it could take a few days.. he has those type of whiskers than another set but they arent just pointy and straight... they look like thorns.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:52 PM   #7
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

hmmm... i know this sounds lame, but google freshwater aquarium catfish and see if any of the results under google images pops up with something like what you have... ive done this several times when i started out and got free fish off craigslist with no knowledge on what they were (learned my lesson on that one)... if that doesnt work, pictures will help us id them

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:06 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Regular

alright thanks ill let you know if i find what i think it is and ill post pics too.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:25 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Regular

hes not a cat fish or at least from the ones i have seen so doesnt seem to be one... i fixed my comp and ill get some pics of him tomorrow...
another question though...
my betta lets me touch it... like i could probably pick him up out the water by hand. is that bad? i dont really see him eat. ive got some flakes and shrimp pellets...
i got the tank free from someone who really didnt take care of them the tank was like green couldnt even see what he had in there beside maybe the gold fish. i just want to keep them all alive and i keep learning more and more about tanks each day...
Old 01-05-2010, 09:36 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would not try to pick him up out of the water. He is a fish, not a lizard . He looks like a synodonis. I am guessing a feather synadontis. Great cool looking fish. Good clean up crews. It is not uncommon for them to sleep/hide all day do to the fact they are nocturnal. That is also probably the reason why you never see him eat. 1 way to feed him is put some food in at night when the lights are off. And sorry to burst your bubble but you will probably not be able to find a "EEL" that does not get under 3 feet. They are out there but they are difficult to find, even when buying online sometimes. You couls get a peacock eel and you would be fine but that falls under what i just said. You could do kuhli loahes but they are not a eel they are a loach, even though they have a snake apperance.

Tags
55 gallon, hex, hex tank, pics, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com