Pictures from MACNA and Georgia Aquarium!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the jelly fish and the eels! The behind the scenes shots are interesting. Was it a whole tour with lots of neat information?

The behind-the-scenes tour was fascinating. It was 45 minutes long and we were in a group of about 25 people so it wasn't easy to ask the guide much - we had to keep moving to see everything before the next group and guide came. He was not an aquarist so he didn't know fishy-type things but he did say that instead of water changes, they put "dirty" water in large holding tanks and filter it numerous times until they can put it back in the aquariums. New water is used to top off but overall, the aquarium uses less water than one hotel downtown.

Those garden eels are so cute! It's too bad that they are not suitable for home aquaria. The sandbed depth that they need is 12-15 inches, I think. They bobbed up and down in their burrows, catching little bits of food in the current. Seeing the whole tank do this together was quite interesting.

Oh no...there were MUCH more interesting things to take pics of!

As you entered the Georgia Aquarium, your picture was taken against a blue background. Then you log into a website and buy the pics (they put the big sharks on the background behind you). I didn't buy any yet. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom