Planted aquarium evolution over the past two months.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CoyoteWildfire

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Started off with a 10G tank and I liked the planted look right out of the gate. Had a couple fakes and an amazon sword.

img_1301464_0_bacff7182d2db996061d0f2a2448ff61.jpg

As time wore on, I realized I needed more gravel for plants and more space in my tank. Introduced green myrio, a moss ball and white arrowhead.

img_1301464_1_e31254c887be9b15d3bb8a05a0710456.jpg

After realizing that the white arrowhead was a false aquatic, I took it out and introduced moneywort, anacharis and narrow leaf subulata.

img_1301464_2_3aab4126e1ee53265cf953aa4ed1cfa9.jpg

I then moved from my 10G to a 29G. I also added anubias on driftwood and amazon frogbit at the top.

img_1301464_3_39383f32a13cb6b866d2cdd4db732c53.jpg

Then just last weekend I changed the lighting fixture to bring in more light for my plants, and added a cardinal plant, cuban ludwigia, melon sword, and four-leaf clover.

img_1301464_4_7fef7c8c3b36030181ce4518c5aa70a1.jpg

Then finally just today, I rearranged my tank to make better use of the room in my tank and add another decoration.

img_1301464_5_21beeb1890ecca19fae7157c8a92819b.jpg

Not bad for no CO2 and minor ferts. Just been using root tabs lately. The rock you see on the right hand side has been the nest for my Peacock Gudgeons and there are eggs that the male is guarding. I had to be very careful when moving the rock as the male followed the underside of it as I lifted and moved it.

Anyways, thoughts? Comments?

Whooaaaa! You rearranged it? It looks great! That's been one crazy, fun ride. =D So how did the gudgeon react to his nest being moved?

Well, fine actually. He didn't even realize I was moving it, i don't think. I just lifted the rock, then dug a place under it and set it down. He just kinda floated along with it, happily guarding his eggs.

That's awesome. XD I can't imagine how much work it must have taken to move and replant everything.. ._.

It actually took only about half an hour to forty five minutes to do, with interruptions. I just had to plan out exactly how I wanted to do it. I did go back in and make some minor changes thereafter too, but with all the planning done first, it goes pretty quick.

Gave the fish some good exercise too. xD

haha! Well it looks amazing! Can't wait to see it in person. Can you put some more pics up?

If I were to, it'd probably be pretty OT. I might get some more next week and just message them to you.

Lovin the 10 gallon! I really like the look of the left side of the tank. Those plants grouped together go great and look awesome! I am now even more inspired! Keep up the good work!

Lovin the 10 gallon! I really like the look of the left side of the tank. Those plants grouped together go great and look awesome! I am now even more inspired! Keep up the good work!

Thank you! Midway through I migrated to the 29G so the 10G is now dry and empty... Sorry... =P

Looking good! What type of fixture did you end up getting?

Haha, BioMed. Which is the most ridiculous investment I've made in a while. Made a thread on it, if you'd like to see how it all went down.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/29g-lighting-and-fixture-change-147393.html

Shoot yes, I do. I'll edit the post. Thanks for catching that Rose!

Lol, nevermind, Edit button's gone for that post. Anyway, meant ZooMed.

Back
Top Bottom