playin with new cam...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackdp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just got my new cam a few days ago and figured I toss up some of my better pics for some feed back..

site1013.JPG

site1014.JPG

site1010.JPG

If they suck then let me know what to try to fix them...these are with a Fuji S5000 that has all the manual controls but I still shoot on auto...doh!

The clam was in manual
shutter=1/160
F 3.6
ISO 400
Auto white bal.
manual focus
spot metering
soft sharpness

the hammer coral in manual
shutter=1/1000
F 2.8
ISO 200
auto white bal.
forced flash

goby was in auto but camera decided on
shutter=1/350
F 3.2
ISO 400
auto white bal.

all shots were in macro mode with camera on tripod

LOL kevin looking at your pics and reading about all the manual settings you used was what inspired me to go camera shopping to replace my old point and shoot sanyo digicam.

I want a new cam, and won't be able to afford the one I really want, so I'm looking into the s7000 and see, something with a little more than my model nikon and still easier on the wallet than a highend prosumer non-slr digicam.

I hate it to say it, but I almost wish I had went with the s7000. Everything I would like that the s5k doesn't have is on the s7k...hotshoe, manual focus assist, ISO 800 at at 3mp, focus ring on lens...for tank shots it has a super macro mode which lets you focus to like 1 or 2 cm if I recall...here I go again I shoulda..woulda..coulda...I'll stop before I make myself angry. The one plus of the 5000 is the 10x optical zoom..ya baby!

I've thought about it, but I bought it online from one of those super discount places and I'm afraid if I try to exchange it I might not have any camera. I look at its shortcomings and decided to call them "challenges" :wink: . Oh yeah...if you're seriously looking at the S7000 there's a $100 rebate out for it right now if I'm not mistaken.

Well that sounded pretty good, after rebate I can pick it up for right at 400 bucks. Asked the wife, and well...let's just say it ain't gonna happen soon, LOL.

Ha, I lucked out...I was able to approach the fiance as needing a new, better camera for the honeymoon...worked like a charm :twisted: of course it was all my money :?

Back
Top Bottom