Playing Around with New Tripod

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

travis simonson

Aquarium Advice Addict
I finally got a tripod and wow what a difference it makes. No more blurry photos to delete :) I was so happy with the pics I got with it I thought I would post a few.

A close-up of a very tiny Labeotropheus fuelleborni fry:

L_fuelleborni_Fry_230705_x800.jpg

An Labidochromis caeruleus looking for snails in the Blyxa japonica:

Blyxa_L_caeruleus_220705_x800.jpg

Pseudotropheus demasoni posing for a photo-op:

Porkchop_230705_01_x800.jpg

Full tank shot:

Tank_230705_02_x800.jpg

Full tank from an angle:

Tank_Oblique_230705_x800.jpg

Great shots! I especially love the second one, so up close and focused. Very nice. I may have to invest in a tripod.

I just can't post enough of these! :eek2: Very, very nice!

Did the poor little fry escape the Labidochromis caeruleus, who was looking for a snack? (the pic in your gallery)

What are the plants in the "Pseudotropheus demasoni posing" pic? Specifically, what are the needle-like plants, the round-leaf plant at the bottom, and the jagged little plant at the bottom left corner? That one looks like a lace java fern, although it looks way better than mine!

Thanks guys :)

The fry is doing fine :wink: I've got at least two of that species in the tank right now. They are just way to wary and way to fast for the big fish to catch. They're the smart ones from a brood of about 20-30.

The needle-like plant is Myriophyllum mattogrossense "Green" (now that's a mouthful), the round lily-pad plant is Hydrocotyle verticellata "Dwarf Form", and the jagged plant you can just make out at the bottom is Ranunculus papulentus, a very new plant to the hobby. It reminds me of little palm trees. Here's a better pic of it:

Ranunculus_papulentus.jpg

Back
Top Bottom