Post fry pictures here!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's what I thought because I did get them from the mixed tropical tank , they have a tail like a guppy but upper body like a Molly

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405181314.126043.jpg my kribs have just spawned for the first time, they have laid in a pipe. Do I leave them there or move the eggs to my nursery tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Move the hole pipe to your nursery, then you'll not disturb or damage the eggs, you might well of meant that sorry if it came across I'm trying to teach you to suck eggs.

Currently in my nursery I have snails, bristle nose and guppy fry would these be an issue and would mum and dad have to go in with them aswel

No should be able to just move them with out parents, I think let me check with a good source. And no you will have no problems in the other tank

Okay scrap what I said, the parents will protect the babies with their lives. What other fish do you have in there with them? If you move them the parents will eat the fry/eggs due to stress. Sorry I was wrong I got my fish mixed up. I am sorry. I hope you see this before moving the fish!

Lol I'm thinking of keeping them in my main tank, the eggs are well protected and nothing is getting near with dad on sentry and the mum stays close to the pipe aswel

Brilliant. Thanks for reading that a simple glitch in my brain getting the fish wrong could of ruined everything lol. What other fish are in that tank?

Thanks for the advice, I'll try and get a better picture

My kribensis fry before they all got eaten :( I didn't get my grow out tank ready in time.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1405206930286.jpg
    1405206930286.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 93
Tropheus ikola fry
Tropheus ikola eggs which just sprouted heads and tails
Callochromis macrops Ndole bay fry

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1405210481738.jpg
    1405210481738.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 1405210499401.jpg
    1405210499401.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 107
  • 1405210544365.jpg
    1405210544365.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 108
Here is a photo of my 2nd batch of fry (10 going strong, better then 4 from the last batch) being fed and the other fish trying to get to the food lol ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405353128.705708.jpg

You can see a couple of my silver tip tetra and my black widow tetra. And one of the Molly mummy's lol

When will my white molly give birth? Also, when should I put her in my breeder box and what do I feed the newborn fry? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405358327.009772.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405358351.949597.jpg

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

When will my white molly give birth? Also, when should I put her in my breeder box and what do I feed the newborn fry? View attachment 243131View attachment 243132

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

It won't be long she looks big. I never put mine in the breeder to give birth, but I know a lot of people do, I let them give birth then sweep up the babies with a net into the breeder. I do loose some fry but it's more natural that way. I would say in a couple of days. But make sure she is not in there for more then 3-4 days due to stressing her out and she might die. You can feed the flake just grind them into a powered in your fingers. Or you can buy a liquid fry food for live bearers from your pet store

sidgolding;29905 73 said:
It won't be long she looks big. I never put mine in the breeder to give birth, but I know a lot of people do, I let them give birth then sweep up the babies with a net into the breeder. I do loose some fry but it's more natural that way. I would say in a couple of days. But make sure she is not in there for more then 3-4 days due to stressing her out and she might die. You can feed the flake just grind them into a powered in your fingers. Or you can buy a liquid fry food for live bearers from your pet store

Ok, this time I'll try your way:) Thank you so much and sorry for not responding, my internet is pretty bad here. Will they be able to eat mini pellets? They're pretty tiny but sometimes my adults have to spit them out. I don't have flakes so I think I'll go get the liquid fry food. What would you recommend for molly fry? I'm not sure if my net is large enough for the babies to fall through. I'll post a picture of it in a bit.

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Ok, this time I'll try your way:) Thank you so much and sorry for not responding, my internet is pretty bad here. Will they be able to eat mini pellets? They're pretty tiny but sometimes my adults have to spit them out. I don't have flakes so I think I'll go get the liquid fry food. What would you recommend for molly fry? I'm not sure if my net is large enough for the babies to fall through. I'll post a picture of it in a bit.

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

You answered your own question with the pellets. The reason for flakes is because you can crush them into pretty much dust which the fry will still spit out as it will be to large but the manage eventually. I'm in the uk and you man not get the same food as me but I use liquifry No2. For live bearers. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405437833.325590.jpg

I use this about 3-4 times a day.

As for the net it might be worth picking up a small one. I have fine netted nets just one larger because I always find some time if you have large hole in it fins some times get caught so as standard I only have fine nets.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405438003.730855.jpg

I don't know if you can see how fine it is.

It is pretty fine! How small are the holes exactly? I might ask my mom to get it so I need to know the size:p

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Erm is small a good enough measurement lol? If you sent your mum to the pet store and told her to pick the net with smallest holes that would be perfect to be honest. Or just ask the people that work there. I take your only young? It's good to hear young people being passionate about fish

Back
Top Bottom