Post fry pictures here!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha yeah I'm pretty young. My mum practically lived in fish where she was born. She had angels and gouramis and cichlids and a looooot of types of fish. She actually finds it weird that fish here don't live for long, she kept some for almost 14 years. She 'hand' bred mollies, goldfish and even angels. Once she got married and moved to Canada, she left the fish keeping hobby but now she has encouraged me to start it:) My mom was the one who made my net, from a hanger and netting from my canopy (which she also made). I like learning her techniques, back home she MADE all her equipment and food and got fish from ponds and breeders. I'm inspired:)

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Wow what a mum. I can't get my wife to even touch the water lol. She'll look but that's it. She has no idea lol. My 3 year old son has a tank of danio's in his room which he loves. And helps me once a week clean them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Wow what a mum. I can't get my wife to even touch the water lol. She'll look but that's it. She has no idea lol. My 3 year old son has a tank of danio's in his room which he loves. And helps me once a week clean them.

Yep! My mom's a pretty hands-on lady! Aww how cute! I'm sure he'll get into his daddy's hobby, won't he?

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Oh @sidgoulding I forgot to tell you that I found the perfect net! it has really small holes and my molly fry are due soon:p thanks for your help!

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Oh @sidgoulding I forgot to tell you that I found the perfect net! it has really small holes and my molly fry are due soon:p thanks for your help!

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

That's perfect. Wish you the best. Let me know how many you get

That's perfect. Wish you the best. Let me know how many you get

Still waiting for her to release:) These were the first fry I raised, until they got eaten by their parents (accident:() ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405515879.012284.jpg 5 minutes old (super tiny guppy fry:p) Oh and I couldn't get ANY fry food so I decided on the old yolk method.

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Guppy fry are so small and cute when they're first born :)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405517656.198540.jpg

Here is a update on my Molly fry. I have for from about 2-3 months ago and they are going really well. They are just a bit smaller then my silver tip tetra' sand they are forever chasing them around and the silver tips chase them back it's quite fun to watch.

Going to be looking to get a breeding pair of EBR's in the near future.

View attachment 243394

Here is a update on my Molly fry. I have for from about 2-3 months ago and they are going really well. They are just a bit smaller then my silver tip tetra' sand they are forever chasing them around and the silver tips chase them back it's quite fun to watch.

Going to be looking to get a breeding pair of EBR's in the near future.

They're so cute! I hope my fry (once they're born) will be as adorable as yours:3

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

My platy fry are 1 month old today . when is it safe 2 set them out of the breeding box and into the tank ?

Sent from my XT1032 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My platy fry are 1 month old today . when is it safe 2 set them out of the breeding box and into the tank ?

How large are they? What other fish do you have I'm the tank? As long as they can't fit in their mouths it should be fine. Can you post pics of them too?

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

I think you should be fine to let them out providing they are a good size and you have no big fish. I normally wait till there about half inch or so.

They are still quite small . don't think they are even 10mm yet

Quite a few of my blue endlers are dropping fry.

CopE8lU.jpg

Had to catch em with no lights on, soon as they se light they hide in the plant clippings.

Yeah that happened with most fry lol. How many u got roughly?

Yeah that happened with most fry lol. How many u got roughly?

That was one little group probably 30-50 of the blues and maybe 20 in my tiger endler tank. Sold a bunch of trios for shipment monday so I'm glad to see the ladies dropping before going out.

and the weird thing is the tiger fry could care less about lights being on. The adults also don't swim right into my dip and pour like the blues will. Totally different characters.

Back
Top Bottom