Post fry pictures here!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
'Tis the season for fry :) it's warm so the fishies are popping out the babies like mad ;) I even saw a baby in a stream today! It was a teeny little guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks like a nice sized batch, from the picture it seems like more than 35!

I heard that my dad found another little MM platy, I'm away right now so I'll ask for a picture to show you guys :)

One of my danios has jumped into my breeder box threw the night . I now have 9 missing plattys :( .

Sent from my XT1032 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Danio's are well known for jumping and I have heard of them getting in breeder boxes before. Your lucky you didn't loose them all or it died from over feeding.

My mom used to keep separate tanks for breeding mollies, baby mollies and pregnant mollies. Once the male and female bred, my mom would take the net and put the female into the pregnant tank. One of the mollies wouldn't give birth so she decided to move her but she didn't have a net with her so she quickly used her hands to scoop the molly out and, guess what happened? She have birth to more than fifty babies in my mom's hands! It was an exciting day for my ten year old mother, and the mother of the mollies and fry both survived.:)

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406902289.652125.jpg Baby guppies, unsure of sex yet, about a week old

Nice video. What are you going to do with all the babies ??

I don't know yet. I might give some away for free locally since pet stores will probably pay only 20 to 35 cents per fish and I have no time to pack fish to sell on aquabid.

One more swordtail gave birth today so I now have close to 150 fry all born within the past 7 days. Fortunately I still have 300 gallons worth of empty aquariums, but even 300 gallons will not be enough to hold 150 swordtails.

My wife gave me free reign over the basement so I might setup two or more 300 gallon ponds in the basement. Larger tanks mean less maintenance.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My mom sent me some pictures of my dad's platy fry. There are three newborn ones, but I only have pictures of two. There is also a one-month-old, a two-month-old, and a three-month-old. (6 fry in all)

One pic of a newborn with the dad:

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407202261.062908.jpg

One pic of a newborn blending in with the leaf (it is in the middle of the picture)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407202308.402776.jpg

And last pic is of the one that is three months old:

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407202353.277622.jpg

Whens the best time to let my guppy fry into the tank? They are probably 2cm already, i have juvenile angel fish, 2 silver sharks, male guppies and platy in the tank already?! Advice please

Let the fry in when they are bigger than any mouth, that's the simplest answer. Probably a bit bigger since you have some fish that would love live food.

Watch my fry grow from day 1 to day 18 (and counting)!
These are albino koi swordtails and albino mollies.

Swordtail and Molly fry - 9 to 15 days old [MDCHAM]
Swordtail and Molly fry - 12 to 18 days old [MDCHAM]

Just a warning to the novices: Do NOT raise your fish in regular containers of this small size. My setup works only because there is good water flow between the main aquarium and the small containment units. My containers have tiny slits that allow good circulation. There is also strong turbulence because my power filter output is directed between the two containers. The turbulence is high enough that the fry poop does not accumulate in the container and is flushed out to the main tank within seconds. The containers are basically maintenance-free.

Back
Top Bottom