Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-25-2014, 10:23 AM   #271
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Post fry pictures here!!!

Wow mattcham! You have a lot of really pretty fish! I especially loved the koi swordtails in the last couple days The mollies have some nice colours too.
P.S. Do you mind giving me the name of the song you used in the first video?

Namirah🐠Canadian, Eh?🐠

Old 08-25-2014, 10:54 AM   #272
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcham View Post
Congratulations! I hope you have better luck with them this time.

Did you scrape the eggs from the spawning tank or did you catch the fry from the spawning tank?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've always scraped them off as I have the adults in a cory only tank and I don't like to stress momma out by catching her when she's laying,
I heard people say they do it with a razor(I'll probably end up cuttin myself or popping the eggs) , I do mine with a plastic card and stick them into the side of the tube

Sent from my fish phone

Old 08-25-2014, 06:58 PM   #273
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by guppygourami View Post
Wow mattcham! You have a lot of really pretty fish! I especially loved the koi swordtails in the last couple days The mollies have some nice colours too.
P.S. Do you mind giving me the name of the song you used in the first video?

Namirah🐠Canadian, Eh?🐠
I just pick random ad-supported songs in YouTube when uploading videos. It doesn't show me the artist and title after it's embedded.

Thanks for the kind words.

Old 08-25-2014, 07:07 PM   #274
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by meliboouk View Post
I've always scraped them off as I have the adults in a cory only tank and I don't like to stress momma out by catching her when she's laying,
I heard people say they do it with a razor(I'll probably end up cuttin myself or popping the eggs) , I do mine with a plastic card and stick them into the side of the tube

Sent from my fish phone
What do you mean by "side of the tube"? I'll have to try that in the future. I'm always afraid I'll damage the eggs. I always move the parents out of the tank but it's so stressful on them. There is also a risk of injuring or killing such fast moving fish when trying to catch them. I prefer your method.

Old 08-25-2014, 07:27 PM   #275
Aquarium Advice Activist

Tub I meant, if you use the edge of a store card or old bank card and gently scrap them off they will go into a little clutch, then using the tip of a pipette I seperate them and stick them on the side of a tub, if they don't come apart easily I leave them as there's more chance the eggs will get damaged the more you can part the more will hatch,

It's too stressful for them and for me to try catching them both as the male is also needed through the whole egg laying process

Hope that makes sense

Sent from my fish phone
Old 08-25-2014, 07:28 PM   #276
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
I just pick random ad-supported songs in YouTube when uploading videos. It doesn't show me the artist and title after it's embedded.

Thanks for the kind words.

No problem! They really are beautiful fry, well, were! I'm raising my first fry in my aquarium so it would be greatly appreciated if you could share some advice with me. I can see that you are an experienced breeder. Thanks in advance

Namirah🐠Canadian, Eh?🐠
Old 08-25-2014, 07:43 PM   #277
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by meliboouk View Post
Tub I meant, if you use the edge of a store card or old bank card and gently scrap them off they will go into a little clutch, then using the tip of a pipette I seperate them and stick them on the side of a tub, if they don't come apart easily I leave them as there's more chance the eggs will get damaged the more you can part the more will hatch,

It's too stressful for them and for me to try catching them both as the male is also needed through the whole egg laying process

Hope that makes sense

Sent from my fish phone
Thanks for the tip. Spreading out the ball of clumped eggs will be tricky. I better start practicing on my infertile Cory eggs (males still too young and much older females are laying every 2 weeks).

Old 08-25-2014, 07:45 PM   #278
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by guppygourami View Post
No problem! They really are beautiful fry, well, were! I'm raising my first fry in my aquarium so it would be greatly appreciated if you could share some advice with me. I can see that you are an experienced breeder. Thanks in advance

Namirah🐠Canadian, Eh?🐠
Happy to help anytime! Feel free to start a new thread with your questions so we don't hijack this fry photo thread.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:04 PM   #279
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Post fry pictures here!!!

Quote:
Happy to help anytime! Feel free to start a new thread with your questions so we don't hijack this fry photo thread.

Aha yeah I would start a new one but I don't get answers that often, only from some people as they do have more important threads to help with:P I'll ask if anything comes to mind thank you

EDIT: I posted the new thread

Namirah🐠Canadian, Eh?🐠
Old 08-27-2014, 12:48 PM   #280
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I have 18 platy fry. 7 fry (born 8/16) are from a yellow neon tuxedo female and an unknown male (purchased her pregnant). 11 are from a Mickey Mouse female and unknown male (purchased her pregnant).

The fry from my tuxedo mama already have spots

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Tags
fry, pic, picture, pictures

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com