Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 08-25-2014, 10:23 AM   #271
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
guppygourami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 670
Post fry pictures here!!!

Wow mattcham! You have a lot of really pretty fish! I especially loved the koi swordtails in the last couple days The mollies have some nice colours too.
P.S. Do you mind giving me the name of the song you used in the first video?

Namirah🐠Canadian, Eh?🐠
__________________

__________________
guppygourami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:54 AM   #272
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Coventry uk
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcham View Post
Congratulations! I hope you have better luck with them this time.

Did you scrape the eggs from the spawning tank or did you catch the fry from the spawning tank?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've always scraped them off as I have the adults in a cory only tank and I don't like to stress momma out by catching her when she's laying,
I heard people say they do it with a razor(I'll probably end up cuttin myself or popping the eggs) , I do mine with a plastic card and stick them into the side of the tube


Sent from my fish phone
__________________

__________________
meliboouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:58 PM   #273
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by guppygourami View Post
Wow mattcham! You have a lot of really pretty fish! I especially loved the koi swordtails in the last couple days The mollies have some nice colours too.
P.S. Do you mind giving me the name of the song you used in the first video?

Namirah🐠Canadian, Eh?🐠
I just pick random ad-supported songs in YouTube when uploading videos. It doesn't show me the artist and title after it's embedded.

Thanks for the kind words.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________
mattcham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:07 PM   #274
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by meliboouk View Post
I've always scraped them off as I have the adults in a cory only tank and I don't like to stress momma out by catching her when she's laying,
I heard people say they do it with a razor(I'll probably end up cuttin myself or popping the eggs) , I do mine with a plastic card and stick them into the side of the tube


Sent from my fish phone
What do you mean by "side of the tube"? I'll have to try that in the future. I'm always afraid I'll damage the eggs. I always move the parents out of the tank but it's so stressful on them. There is also a risk of injuring or killing such fast moving fish when trying to catch them. I prefer your method.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________
mattcham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:27 PM   #275
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Coventry uk
Posts: 136
Tub I meant, if you use the edge of a store card or old bank card and gently scrap them off they will go into a little clutch, then using the tip of a pipette I seperate them and stick them on the side of a tub, if they don't come apart easily I leave them as there's more chance the eggs will get damaged the more you can part the more will hatch,

It's too stressful for them and for me to try catching them both as the male is also needed through the whole egg laying process

Hope that makes sense


Sent from my fish phone
__________________
meliboouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:28 PM   #276
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
guppygourami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcham View Post
I just pick random ad-supported songs in YouTube when uploading videos. It doesn't show me the artist and title after it's embedded.

Thanks for the kind words.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No problem! They really are beautiful fry, well, were! I'm raising my first fry in my aquarium so it would be greatly appreciated if you could share some advice with me. I can see that you are an experienced breeder. Thanks in advance


Namirah🐠Canadian, Eh?🐠
__________________
guppygourami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:43 PM   #277
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by meliboouk View Post
Tub I meant, if you use the edge of a store card or old bank card and gently scrap them off they will go into a little clutch, then using the tip of a pipette I seperate them and stick them on the side of a tub, if they don't come apart easily I leave them as there's more chance the eggs will get damaged the more you can part the more will hatch,

It's too stressful for them and for me to try catching them both as the male is also needed through the whole egg laying process

Hope that makes sense


Sent from my fish phone
Thanks for the tip. Spreading out the ball of clumped eggs will be tricky. I better start practicing on my infertile Cory eggs (males still too young and much older females are laying every 2 weeks).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________
mattcham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:45 PM   #278
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by guppygourami View Post
No problem! They really are beautiful fry, well, were! I'm raising my first fry in my aquarium so it would be greatly appreciated if you could share some advice with me. I can see that you are an experienced breeder. Thanks in advance


Namirah🐠Canadian, Eh?🐠
Happy to help anytime! Feel free to start a new thread with your questions so we don't hijack this fry photo thread.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________
mattcham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:04 PM   #279
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
guppygourami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 670
Post fry pictures here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcham View Post
Happy to help anytime! Feel free to start a new thread with your questions so we don't hijack this fry photo thread.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Aha yeah I would start a new one but I don't get answers that often, only from some people as they do have more important threads to help with:P I'll ask if anything comes to mind thank you


EDIT: I posted the new thread


Namirah🐠Canadian, Eh?🐠
__________________
guppygourami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:48 PM   #280
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Lostmarbles0520's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 10
I have 18 platy fry. 7 fry (born 8/16) are from a yellow neon tuxedo female and an unknown male (purchased her pregnant). 11 are from a Mickey Mouse female and unknown male (purchased her pregnant).

The fry from my tuxedo mama already have spots


Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
__________________

__________________
Lostmarbles0520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fry, pic, picture, pictures

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post pictures of you fry here!!!! Mitchafishaboo Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding 15 03-03-2014 02:38 PM
Post your fish fry pictures here Fishguy1997 Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding 7 06-04-2012 04:22 PM
Post pictures of guppy parents and fry here! base20 Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding 4 03-01-2010 05:26 PM







» Photo Contest Winners







Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.