Post fry pictures here!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know. I have a community tank. My guess is that they are guppies.?

Found a tiny little mm platy!! Would show a pic, but once I put him in the densely planted fry tank, he darted away.

Guys, what do you use for the breeding trap? My guppy gave birth, but we didn't find any fry underneath. Any help is appreciated!

That's a lee's 3-way breeder. As you can see some make it to the bottom through the trap but most of the time my fry stay at the surface. I also use a breeders net.

I like to put some moss in with my breeders just in case the fry feel vulnerable, they have something to hide in.

Pictured: is my first batch of Betta fry. (Only 9 survived, that I currently take care of)
Also pictured is an albino Cory hatching from his egg. No survivors):
And my balloon Mollie fry that I shipped to Cali:)

Attachments

• 1400100169407.jpg
    1400100169407.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 125
  • 1400100275367.jpg
    1400100275367.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 178
  • 1400100410501.jpg
    1400100410501.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 132
My Red Jewel fry

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1400101036149.jpg
    1400101036149.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 117
Me too what time are you planning on removing them from their parents?

Well this SAT I'm getting another 10g to move the parents. I'll keep the fry in the original tank.

Well this SAT I'm getting another 10g to move the parents. I'll keep the fry in the original tank.

Okay I'm thinking about leaving the fry until they reach half an inch. (The age the parents stop caring for them) I will then put them in a grow out tank.

Okay I'm thinking about leaving the fry until they reach half an inch. (The age the parents stop caring for them) I will then put them in a grow out tank.

So they will care for them until they reach half and inch? I think I'm loosing some already. The fry are free swimming already and eating good. Today I bought HIKARY first bites and I think they like it. They are growing fast, they are about 3-4mm.

They could be getting sucked into the filter. I shoved a sponge on my intake. I just feed mine crushed flakes. (Same think I feed all my other fish except crushed) mine are about half a cm.

So I had my first fry!! It was from a mosquito fish. But I didn't expect soo many fry, there are like 30 already and the mom is still huge! So I have 2 ten gallon tanks and the breeding one is packed with plants and has all the newborn fry swimming in it now. However, I want to put my pregnant female in there too to drop and I don't want her to eat the current fry! Any suggestions? Also, is there a way to siphon the tank without sucking up fry?
Here's a pic of one!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400127437.804196.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400127477.315599.jpg

Back
Top Bottom