Post pleco pics ^o^

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is my albino bristle nose and my normal bristle nose also the big Pleco is at my LFS he is easily 12-13 inches

Attachments

• image-1510084262.jpg
    image-1510084262.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 139
  • image-2342566663.jpg
    image-2342566663.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 129
  • image-1979163281.jpg
    image-1979163281.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 158
Beautiful plecs on here! I have a bnp he or she is 5 inches I'm looking for another plec around the same size has to be peaceful does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Beautiful plecs on here! I have a bnp he or she is 5 inches I'm looking for another plec around the same size has to be peaceful does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

My next pleco is going to be the starlight bristle nose. Other than the colour they are pretty much the same as all the other bnp.

Attachments

• image-211477317.jpg
    image-211477317.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 158
My next pleco is going to be the starlight bristle nose. Other than the colour they are pretty much the same as all the other bnp.

They are beautiful! I've seen them in my lfs had to refrain from buying! I would love another pleco but it would have to get on with my bnp as he or she is very peaceful. I'm just not sure if it is a boy or girl lol

I had a bulldog plec and he constantly bullied my bnp so i re homed him. Would adding another bnp be ok as mine is two years?

I had a bnp that would constantly bully my corys. I rehomed him. But ill probably get another when i get a bigger tank.

I had a bulldog plec and he constantly bullied my bnp so i re homed him. Would adding another bnp be ok as mine is two years?

Hey Shelly, your bnp would have developed a bushy face by now if it was a male. Some males can be a bit testy, but females are fine together. The great thing about bnp is that once they're an inch and a half long or so, you know what sex you have. Some plecos you just never know what you're getting.

Hey Shelly, your bnp would have developed a bushy face by now if it was a male. Some males can be a bit testy, but females are fine together. The great thing about bnp is that once they're an inch and a half long or so, you know what sex you have. Some plecos you just never know what you're getting.

Thanks, it has small bristles around it's top lip and some on the end of its nose? But it's nothing like the males i have seen that's why I'm not too sure lol i call it a girl! So would it work if i got another female? I've seen albinos and really like them. Oh and it has a plump stomach if that's any help. Cheers

I had a bnp that would constantly bully my corys. I rehomed him. But ill probably get another when i get a bigger tank.

I have a 4" male bnp like that. He spends more time chasing everyone else away at feeding times than he does actually eating. He is hilarious, because while he is chasing someone up an over logs in one direction, a bunch of cories, bnp, and loaches will swoop in from the opposite side and gobble up the food. When he turns back and sees them, he charges back at top speed looking furious! At first I was annoyed that I had a cranky fish in my otherwise fairly peaceful tank, but after noticing how all the other fish don't take him at all seriously, I decided he was worth keeping just for the belly laughs!

Thanks, it has small bristles around it's top lip and some on the end of its nose? But it's nothing like the males i have seen that's why I'm not too sure lol i call it a girl! So would it work if i got another female? I've seen albinos and really like them. Oh and it has a plump stomach if that's any help. Cheers

Definitely sounds like a female. A male would have tentacles by now. Lol! Females also tend to be thicker in the lower part of the body. I love those plump little bellies!

Definitely sounds like a female. A male would have tentacles by now. Lol! Females also tend to be thicker in the lower part of the body. I love those plump little bellies!

Thanks, I'll maybe just get myself a albino female. Yep the plump bellies are cute!

Argh, so many plecos ;)

I need a Goldie, and ill be able to sleep at night :)

Attachments

• image-349110757.jpg
    image-349110757.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 105
  • image-623143767.jpg
    image-623143767.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 109
  • image-527598146.jpg
    image-527598146.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 128
  • image-4180337308.jpg
    image-4180337308.jpg