Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #291
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
I had to move my bnp out of my elephant nose tank he ended up really hurting her, at the moment she's in my bettas 16gallon and she's settled in fine she's even using the coconut cave, my problem is if I have to put her back into the big tank do you think she'll use the cave if it goes in with her? And what do you guy's think about her going back in? Need your help on this as i don't feel the 16 gallon is big enough for her. Thank you
When I took my BNP out of my old 15 it was because he began to terrorize the fish in with him. It's very temporary. If your elephant nose is that aggressive I'm not sure how the BNP will manage when it leaves it's cave to find food. The best you can do is spread caves throughout the tank for her, as protection

Old 06-28-2013, 02:06 PM   #292
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post

When I took my BNP out of my old 15 it was because he began to terrorize the fish in with him. It's very temporary. If your elephant nose is that aggressive I'm not sure how the BNP will manage when it leaves it's cave to find food. The best you can do is spread caves throughout the tank for her, as protection
She got use to me feeding her in the afternoon when he wasn't out, but at night he makes her stay in one place and she can't move i think he doesn't want her eating his food! At the moment in my other tank she's more calm, I'm just worried he could end up really hurting her. My husband says to leave her where she is but i don't feel the tank is big enough. Thanks

Old 06-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #293
Aquarium Advice Addict

Got some new plecos in!

Some calico LF BN Juvies. Came in this morning, ordered 4+1 and got 6! Now I'm up to like 14 calicos

I got an L144 blue eye baby as a gift from Lotsoffish for winning an auction. He's sooo tiny! 1/2" at the most! I didn't see him when I got the package in and dumped him into the QT with everyone else. I hope he doesn't get hurt! Would much rather have put him into a breeder net to grow a bit. Once he/she sexes out I'll get him a girl/boy friend (sorry for the poor quality! He's just too tiny!)

I also got some more starlights in. They like to hide by my filter so it's practically impossible to get a picture of them
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2746212341.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	183193   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4165594697.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	183194  

Old 06-29-2013, 01:48 AM   #294
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oohitsae View Post
Got some new plecos in!

Some calico LF BN Juvies. Came in this morning, ordered 4+1 and got 6! Now I'm up to like 14 calicos

I got an L144 blue eye baby as a gift from Lotsoffish for winning an auction. He's sooo tiny! 1/2" at the most! I didn't see him when I got the package in and dumped him into the QT with everyone else. I hope he doesn't get hurt! Would much rather have put him into a breeder net to grow a bit. Once he/she sexes out I'll get him a girl/boy friend (sorry for the poor quality! He's just too tiny!)

I also got some more starlights in. They like to hide by my filter so it's practically impossible to get a picture of them
Nice, if you ever need that male or female l144 ill hook you up. Breeding them is my side challenge at the lfs.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:56 AM   #295
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
Nice, if you ever need that male or female l144 ill hook you up. Breeding them is my side challenge at the lfs.
That's awesome! I'll definitely keep you in mind! How much do you sell them for? Would getting like 3-4 Juvies be a better idea than waiting for this guy to sex out? I don't know how desireable they are as I've never looked into them myself, but if its a lot cheaper to get them as juniors than a single adult I'd probably rather do that route. Saves me money up front and would make me a little money in the future.

Do you breed any other types? I'm in need of some more green dragons as well
Old 06-29-2013, 03:37 AM   #296
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oohitsae View Post

That's awesome! I'll definitely keep you in mind! How much do you sell them for? Would getting like 3-4 Juvies be a better idea than waiting for this guy to sex out? I don't know how desireable they are as I've never looked into them myself, but if its a lot cheaper to get them as juniors than a single adult I'd probably rather do that route. Saves me money up front and would make me a little money in the future.

Do you breed any other types? I'm in need of some more green dragons as well
Well sub-adults we sell for 50$, although me being the breeder I can bring it down to 35$. They're generally sexable at this size but cannot reproduce until another few months. They're really beautiful, none of that Albino stuff :P their color is legit yellow.

You know, I haven't thought of green dragons, but I can imagine a marble green dragon would look amazing. Right now I breed mainly Peruvian zebra plecs at my lfs. They're pretty big, 5 inches each. Then I breed l144 as a side project. At home I've bred clowns, BNPs, and rubber lips. Soon ill be trying green/blue phantoms or something along that price range
Old 07-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #297
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

So all you Pleco lovers.

How big does the common Pleco get, how long do they live, and what do you supplement their diet with?
Old 07-30-2013, 10:10 PM   #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansomnia7 View Post
So all you Pleco lovers.

How big does the common Pleco get, how long do they live, and what do you supplement their diet with?
My experience is that the common pleco can grow up to 18+ inches. They can live for quite a long time, I've heard over 10 years. Never had one that long before so idk. They are primarily algae grazers but supplement with aquatic wood is also good. That's my two cents
Old 07-30-2013, 10:41 PM   #299
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snott Otter View Post

My experience is that the common pleco can grow up to 18+ inches. They can live for quite a long time, I've heard over 10 years. Never had one that long before so idk. They are primarily algae grazers but supplement with aquatic wood is also good. That's my two cents
I saw someone with one that is 20 years old. Been with him since he was a kid lol
Old 07-31-2013, 07:01 AM   #300

OMG!

20 years?! Now that is a commitment. I had no idea.

Tags
pics, pleco

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com