Post pleco pics ^o^

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Surfer your pm box is full lol

Pm box cleared :)

Thanks! @thomas

Look around! They're not that expensive :) all plecos keep their fins down, it's only when they're showing off/cautious/ aggressive that they lift up their fins. Usually when they're lazed out they're in this position :) when he lifts his fins they're transparent with white tips :p @cactus

They're all in my 55. I'm upgrading to a 75 this summer, so ill have a few in the 55 and a few in the 75. 2 tanks is about the limit for me haha.

Beautiful plecs on here! I have a bnp he or she is 5 inches I'm looking for another plec around the same size has to be peaceful does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

I like the orange Colombian pleco, peaceful and a ravenous algae eater.

They are beautiful! I've seen them in my lfs had to refrain from buying! I would love another pleco but it would have to get on with my bnp as he or she is very peaceful. I'm just not sure if it is a boy or girl lol

Bristles on the nose are only found on males. No bristles means female

Argh, so many plecos ;)

I need a Goldie, and ill be able to sleep at night :)

Goldie's are amazing. I bought two a few years ago. Lost one within a month but the second is almost 7" now.

Attachments

• image-3099955270.jpg
    image-3099955270.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 94
Here's my new guy

Is this the same type of pleco? I got this one as a common pleco, but I know the fish store had it marked wrong

Attachments

• image-2065137969.jpg
    image-2065137969.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 100
  • image-887803244.jpg
    image-887803244.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 96
Is this the same type of pleco? I got this one as a common pleco, but I know the fish store had it marked wrong

Dude i love goldies, post a pic of your big one! Also the miscategorized pleco is a gold spot pleco. L001 i believe. If you payed the price for a common your lucky! they have very nice colors through maturity.

A few of my baby starlights I just got in today, my most prized posessions now. they are less than 1/2" in length! It's insane how small they are, I'd never send them at that size, actually, I wouldn't even sell them unless they were an inch!

(Don't mind my messy tank bottom in the one pic. I took it in the middle of vacuuming and apparently every bit of debris wanted to settle in that one area.)

Attachments

• image-659991494.jpg
    image-659991494.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 92
  • image-4163430061.jpg
    image-4163430061.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 99
Back
Top Bottom