Post pleco pics ^o^

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually females have bristles as well, depending on the individual. They are alot less pronounced however.

Yes, but technically snott otter (!!??) is right- females can develop small bristles along their lip, but not up on their face (and the bristles don't branch)

I'd like to know why some males develop long flowing bristles, while others grow branched bristles?

Yes, but technically snott otter (!!??) is right- females can develop small bristles along their lip, but not up on their face (and the bristles don't branch)

I'd like to know why some males develop long flowing bristles, while others grow branched bristles?

Snott otter is another name for the hellbender salamander which is a crazy looking animal!! Lol. I have seen females with small bristles on their lips but they are very small and yes they don't branch. I have also seen males with very large trees (the size and complexity of their bristles) and very small trees. My thought is that is all genetics that are passed down.

Dude i love goldies, post a pic of your big one! Also the miscategorized pleco is a gold spot pleco. L001 i believe. If you payed the price for a common your lucky! they have very nice colors through maturity.

I will have to get a recent photo of her and post it today. I just did a water change yesterday so today the tank should be settled.

Dude i love goldies, post a pic of your big one! Also the miscategorized pleco is a gold spot pleco. L001 i believe. If you payed the price for a common your lucky! they have very nice colors through maturity.

Thank you for the L001 it matches well. I wish I could say ill post a new pic of him but I had a friend take care of my fish for awhile and I lost this one....huge loss!! ?

A few of my baby starlights I just got in today, my most prized posessions now. they are less than 1/2" in length! It's insane how small they are, I'd never send them at that size, actually, I wouldn't even sell them unless they were an inch!

(Don't mind my messy tank bottom in the one pic. I took it in the middle of vacuuming and apparently every bit of debris wanted to settle in that one area.)

If i could find these for a decent size i would get them. If you ever plan on breeding let me know! Theyve still got a long way to go though :/

Here is my Peppermint Pleco, got him about 5 days ago. He's called chip because of his tail. He's my fav, but I wil need to move him outa my 20 when he starts to grow. At the moment he is around 1 inch big. Should be getting a 55 soon, tho, so no worries :D

Sorry for quality,taken on my phone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 130
Here is my Peppermint Pleco, got him about 5 days ago. He's called chip because of his tail. He's my fav, but I wil need to move him outa my 20 when he starts to grow. At the moment he is around 1 inch big. Should be getting a 55 soon, tho, so no worries :D

Is he a peppermint bristlenose? He is beautiful! I have one that seems to be a very slow grower. Almost half the rate of my common bristlenose.

Man he looks great!

Here is my albino bnp hiding in a plant :)and both of my plecos together

Attachments

• image-1477862689.jpg
    image-1477862689.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 76
  • image-2822006997.jpg
    image-2822006997.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 92
Normally he stays in his cave but I done a water change and he came out and had a look around and went into the plant I thought it would be an awesome picture

Back
Top Bottom