Post pleco pics ^o^

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, I have been doing my best to keep his colours up! I think he is a male, so am I right that he will grow to around 12-15 cm?

You are correct, but expect about 5 inches instead. If you can keep up with the water changes he can push 6 though! Remember to update when he matures :) id love to see it.

Here's my 3 year old Pleco. He keeps getting bigger.

image-2059402164.jpg

image-4241753528.jpg

image-2835770153.jpg

He used to be in my 150 gallon but now he is in a 100 gallon tank.
Also this my huge luperinus he is about 18 inches and still growing!! I think he needs a new home:(.

image-3713849507.jpg

He is not aggressive at all.. He is a sweetie!!

My Orinoco zebra

Attachments

• image-3931530436.jpg
    image-3931530436.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 94
  • image-3699569264.jpg
    image-3699569264.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 81
  • image-3082845924.jpg
    image-3082845924.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 87
  • image-3220910917.jpg
    image-3220910917.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 86
WOW a lot of beautiful pleco's on here! Would 2 bristlenose Males fight if together?? They are in separate tanks now. I know 1 is male, the other is still little so not exactly sure.... Tiny whiskers on nose , but females get the too

My newest albino male. Got him as part of a proven pair yesterday. Love him!

Attachments

• image-3939253144.jpg
    image-3939253144.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 93
My sailfin

Attachments

• image-4050680664.jpg
    image-4050680664.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 82
  • image-2068694596.jpg
    image-2068694596.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 97
WOW a lot of beautiful pleco's on here! Would 2 bristlenose Males fight if together?? They are in separate tanks now. I know 1 is male, the other is still little so not exactly sure.... Tiny whiskers on nose , but females get the too

As long as the tank is large enough and there are plenty of hiding places two males should be able to get along with each other. Each fish has their own temperament so some times it works and sometimes it doesn't.

My favourite bristlenose boy- he's a baby rearing machine. I love his long tentacle like bristles. And the way he spends so much time watching me! :lol:

image-1256957458.jpg

image-136430922.jpg

My bristlenose are normally the photo bombers, but this time it's an ember tetra :)

My favourite bristlenose boy- he's a baby rearing machine. I love his long tentacle like bristles. And the way he spends so much time watching me! :lol:

My bristlenose are normally the photo bombers, but this time it's an ember tetra :)

That is a beautiful tree!! (The bristles) it's good to see a good strain. Their also very fun to breed. I have a pair in my tank waiting for them to get large enough to breed.

Beautiful male!

That is a beautiful tree!! (The bristles) it's good to see a good strain. Their also very fun to breed. I have a pair in my tank waiting for them to get large enough to breed.

Thanks. I have a long-finned marble female I'd like him to breed with, but so far he has only bred with my albino.
He long floppy bristles remind me of these squishy balls:

image-1974725970.jpg

Hehe.

Beautiful male!

Thanks. His bristles are very different from my other marble BN boy- he looks like a punk rocker with his mess of upright branched bristles. Lol
He has never bred :-(
The guy in the photo is a wee bit paranoid. Lol. It's like he has to keep an eye on me if I'm in the room. When I get close he will sometimes arch and flare at me. He thinks he's so intimidating, it's hilarious!

Wow that guy looks amazing!

I'd get a better picture, but that's as far out of his log as he will come when I am in the room! Prolly coz I have moved his cave (with him and eggs/fry) to another tank previously. He is such a good daddy he won't be separated from his babies :)

Hi, guy's I'm hoping you can help me out. I have a female bnp and I'm trying to get her a perfect hide, I've tried pleco pipes but she wouldn't use them and recently tried a coconut cave which she used once they didn't bother again. I'm wanting something only she can fit into and not my elephant nose who has started chasing her. Any help on this would be great :) thanks.

If you have Fluval products there, they make a ceramic cave and tubes. Work really well. Or put a small piece of slate on its side and angle it, creates a "wall". Out of sight out of mind
Wow - gonzo is a bully !!!!! That is so unusual for elephant nose

If you have Fluval products there, they make a ceramic cave and tubes. Work really well. Or put a small piece of slate on its side and angle it, creates a "wall". Out of sight out of mind
Wow - gonzo is a bully !!!!! That is so unusual for elephant nose

Hi, bkiggy, yep we get fluval here I'll take a look tomorrow, needing something. It's either a hide for her or my other tank but I think it will be too small. Yep gonzo is a big bully lol he's very territorial happens when they mature.

Back
Top Bottom