Post pleco pics ^o^

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What type of lights do you have on that tank?

It's a 6' tank, with a 4' and a 2' t5 fixtures. On the 4' I have a switch for a single pink tube, and a switch for 2 daylight tubes. The 2' is at a right angle to the 4' and has 2 daylight tubes.
The part of the tank shown in the photo is under the 2' light and it was turned off.
I like subdued lighting, so I only have all the lights on a few hours a day for the plants or when I'm performing maintenance. It's virtually a tank of plecos and kuhlis so they appreciate the subdued lighting too :)

My new Albino Pleco "Silas"

Attachments

• image-3809501177.jpg
    image-3809501177.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 110
  • image-3664107603.jpg
    image-3664107603.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 109
  • image-4097145735.jpg
    image-4097145735.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 107
7INMh5i.jpg

He was only 3 inches when I first got him.

hey guys reading this just reminded me what happenee a few days ago
i recently upgraded to' a 20 long and moved my sailfin, clown loach, and cory catfish qfter moving the fish the amonia spike was worse than i had expected so i left the lid off the tank overnight when i went go feed the NeXT morning i couldnt seem to Find my pleco! for whatver reason i looked behind the tank and saw him dried up with hair stuck to him from the floor tris was the last fish i thought would jump out regretfully i scooped him up and took him outside and just as i was abot to' throw him out he wiggled! i ran inside and threw him in the tank and he has lost a fin which i think Will regrow but other than that he is great!

hey guys reading this just reminded me what happenee a few days ago
i recently upgraded to' a 20 long and moved my sailfin, clown loach, and cory catfish qfter moving the fish the amonia spike was worse than i had expected so i left the lid off the tank overnight when i went go feed the NeXT morning i couldnt seem to Find my pleco! for whatver reason i looked behind the tank and saw him dried up with hair stuck to him from the floor tris was the last fish i thought would jump out regretfully i scooped him up and took him outside and just as i was abot to' throw him out he wiggled! i ran inside and threw him in the tank and he has lost a fin which i think Will regrow but other than that he is great!

Did you upgrade to or from a 20g? I hope not the former because otherwise you've wasted your money. The only fish in your stock that's suitable for a 20g is the Cory. And he needs friends. (So does the clown :( )
It will take no time at all for the water to foul with that stock in a 20g. You'll need to be religious about your water changes and test frequently. Daily to begin with- both testing and water changing.

Here is my ABN

Attachments

• image-1373931862.jpg
    image-1373931862.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 126
Back
Top Bottom