post your best aquarium pics and make this a huge thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But how are they so green?! My plants keep getting weird brown algae on them and every time I rub it off it just comes back! Do u use c02?

I have CO2 on one tank, my 40. All of my tanks have either bristlenose plecos or clown plecos except my african tank. They do a great job of keeping everything clean. My lighting for the most part isn't special, yeah some tanks have good lights, but nothing compared to most peoples equipment. The angelfish tank just runs 4 48 inch 6500k daylight fluorescent tubes. Same ones you'd pick up at Walmart for a few bucks.

Ummmmmm dragonfish, you need a couple more tanks I think! Haha, my wife just about killed me last night for buying another aquarium but when I told her it was $10 from craigslist she calmed down, anyways gorgeous looking tanks! And I'm jealous

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have CO2 on one tank, my 40. All of my tanks have either bristlenose plecos or clown plecos except my african tank. They do a great job of keeping everything clean. My lighting for the most part isn't special, yeah some tanks have good lights, but nothing compared to most peoples equipment. The angelfish tank just runs 4 48 inch 6500k daylight fluorescent tubes. Same ones you'd pick up at Walmart for a few bucks.

So do yu think co2 would help this situation because I can make one myself but if I don't need it that would be great! And do u have co2 in your African tank?

Ummmmmm dragonfish, you need a couple more tanks I think! Haha, my wife just about killed me last night for buying another aquarium but when I told her it was $10 from craigslist she calmed down, anyways gorgeous looking tanks! And I'm jealous

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have 3 more not pictured and my hubby has a 29 community tank and a pond ;)

So do yu think co2 would help this situation because I can make one myself but if I don't need it that would be great! And do u have co2 in your African tank?

I honestly don't think you need it. Like I said, I only run it on one tank and you commented on how green all my tanks are :) And nope, no CO2 on my african tank, just a few java ferns and 3 of those regular bulbs like I have of my angel tank and 1 aquarium/plant bulb to help show the fish's colors. I'm the worst about doing anything special for my plants except the 40, only reason I CO2 on it is to keep the pH low for my GBRs.

I honestly don't think you need it. Like I said, I only run it on one tank and you commented on how green all my tanks are :) And nope, no CO2 on my african tank, just a few java ferns and 3 of those regular bulbs like I have of my angel tank and 1 aquarium/plant bulb to help show the fish's colors. I'm the worst about doing anything special for my plants except the 40, only reason I CO2 on it is to keep the pH low for my GBRs.

But how do u keep it so green that's incredible! You must spend all day in that tank! ?

It's a disease without a cure.

Well, unless you have a hubby who says he will not move out the couch in the family room for one more tank. *Grumbles*

I agree I am so addicted I have 4 tanks too and usually it's the other way around! The hubby is the one usually addicted to tanks!! ?

But how do u keep it so green that's incredible! You must spend all day in that tank! ?

Haha, no actually. I clean some of them once a week, some every other week. I seriously do nothing special at all. I have all kinds of ferts handy and hardly ever remember to use them. My fish do the plant cleaning, I just clean the gravel, sand, glass and filters.

Funny thing is, give me a house plant and I kill it within a week.

Haha, no actually. I clean some of them once a week, some every other week. I seriously do nothing special at all. I have all kinds of ferts handy and hardly ever remember to use them. My fish do the plant cleaning, I just clean the gravel, sand, glass and filters.

Funny thing is, give me a house plant and I kill it within a week.

What kind of fish do u use to clean the plants?

Whoever has mondo grass needs to remove it. It is not an aquatic plant and will decay, causing your water chemistry to get screwed up.

Back
Top Bottom