Post your Betta Pics Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our petco usually gets plakets in every week. I'm pretty sure they are on their website as well.
Namaste,
Gypsy

I think I'm going to full on steal the name Sue for my male ... He was marked as a female and completely messed up my sorority until I figures out he was a He.

He also came with fin rot and pop-eye and is blind in one eye so I have to drop his pellets only on one side of him. Poor little guy!

No name yet!

First of all, Sue is lovely. Secondly, I had the same problem with one of my males (Macaroni, I'll try and get a decent pic of him tonight). He was sold as a female and had a terrible case of fin rot. I treated his fins and added him to the sorority, and could not for the life of me figure out why my other females seemed so distressed. Ooops! He's happily in his own 5gal now. No more drama. :p

My dumbo eared plakat (Lucius) is blind in one eye from pop-eye too. When I feed him he hovers around, pointing his good eye at me. It's pretty cute. He's such a sweet little fish.

Brave Sir Robin

He started out as Ares (God of war) but I soon realized what a big chicken he was so I renamed him Brave Sir Robin after the character on Monty Python Holy Grail.

Attachments

• Ares.jpg
    Ares.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 188
He started out as Ares (God of war) but I soon realized what a big chicken he was so I renamed him Brave Sir Robin after the character on Monty Python Holy Grail.
That is an awesome betta in color and in name. Hooray for Monty Python!

Shanny said:

I love it! He is so awesome! And a fantastic name too. On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place.

VioletEmber said:
I love it! He is so awesome! And a fantastic name too. On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place.

Yur mother was a hamster and yur father smelt of elderberries

She turned me into a newt!
A newt?
I got better...

I got a crowntail tonight. Will post pictures once he's all set up. I think I'll name him Draco.

As promised, pictures of the new guy. I've decided to name him Dante, seeing as he went through hell (walmart) before I got him. He was tiny, sitting at the bottom of a dirty cup with clamped fins, and barely moving. Since the water was clear unlike the other cups with blue water I could see his lovely purple color and I had to give him a nice home. I had a rough night at work, I couldn't resist him! Well after a few days in clean, warm, catappa-leaf infused water he is perky and happy in his new home. When I move he's getting a 5 gallon of his own, I think. Or maybe a 10 to be divided with Mr. Pink. He was not cooperative about pictures, though. I didn't really get his true colors with the lighting either, but I did what I could.

ocminpin said:
Hahaha... We dont do well passing by those cups, do we? :) he's gorgeous... I'd vote something to do with the earth or an ancient God

Tcal01 said:
What about Neptune or poseidon

Thanks. He acts like he's royalty. Lol. Floats around his tank like he's the centre of the universe. I like Neptune. It's on the list if possibilities!

absolutangel04 said:
He is very pretty. :)

image-915146213.jpg

image-3853727551.jpg

He's developed a purple sheen through his fins. It wasn't there when I bought him.

Mumma.of.two said:
Thanks. He acts like he's royalty. Lol. Floats around his tank like he's the centre of the universe. I like Neptune. It's on the list if possibilities!

He's developed a purple sheen through his fins. It wasn't there when I bought him.

Goodness grand pious that is one sweet betta!!! He looks so mysterious

Back
Top Bottom