Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 03-26-2015, 08:43 AM   #1121
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccobacci11 View Post
That's a gorgeous blue
__________________

__________________
TheresaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:04 AM   #1122
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,175
Thought I had posted a pic but can't find it....anyhow, this is Pi Betta Psycho. I sent the spouse to Petco on pi day for a betta so this was his choice. He lives with a group of green rasboras and red rili shrimp.

These pics were taken in his QT, I'll have to get a more recent shot:



__________________

__________________
TheresaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:06 AM   #1123
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
ImACoolguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 7,954
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427375180.174785.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	268434


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
__________________
ImACoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:40 AM   #1124
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,175
I was really into the hobby but we had to move unexpectedly, gave up the tanks, etc etc. While shopping for dog stuff at Petco my middle daughter found a tiny betta she felt sorry for. Ok, so he came home, went into a 2.5g on my kitchen counter, no filter, no heater. Worked very hard on that tank because of those things so that water quality wouldn't crash. Little guy was with us for close to 5 years. Never did grow to full size though. Had an awesome personality! I would share his name but this is a family site...

Was maybe an inch long in this pic:



And his home...teen son insisted on a castle, oldest daughter found an aquarium safe Xmas tree on etsy

__________________
TheresaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 11:14 AM   #1125
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
ImACoolguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 7,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaM View Post
I was really into the hobby but we had to move unexpectedly, gave up the tanks, etc etc. While shopping for dog stuff at Petco my middle daughter found a tiny betta she felt sorry for. Ok, so he came home, went into a 2.5g on my kitchen counter, no filter, no heater. Worked very hard on that tank because of those things so that water quality wouldn't crash. Little guy was with us for close to 5 years. Never did grow to full size though. Had an awesome personality! I would share his name but this is a family site...

Was maybe an inch long in this pic:



And his home...teen son insisted on a castle, oldest daughter found an aquarium safe Xmas tree on etsy


Those are the best kind of tanks! The ones everyone has a chance to be a part of


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
__________________
ImACoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 02:16 PM   #1126
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
elephantnose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaM View Post
He is sunshiney wow! Was he a lfs purchase or one you ordered?
he's actually a lps purchase believe it or not.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________
It's like gardening except under water and instead if bees there are fish
elephantnose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:21 PM   #1127
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
cherokeeluvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaM View Post
The colors on those AquaBid girls are amazing! Makes me want to have a female betta again, but again the tank space issue

Thanks! I only have one male since they take up so much room since they can't be together. I like having the females since they can be together


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________
cherokeeluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:52 PM   #1128
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImACoolguy View Post
Those are the best kind of tanks! The ones everyone has a chance to be a part of

And it was nice having the tank in the kitchen, he got used to everyone visiting and got to the point he'd wait at the front whenever someone walked in the room.
__________________
TheresaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:55 PM   #1129
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeeluvr View Post
Thanks! I only have one male since they take up so much room since they can't be together. I like having the females since they can be together

I'd like to try females together again someday...did it years ago in a 10g and that didn't end well at all

What kind of setup would you recommend for females?
__________________
TheresaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 05:25 PM   #1130
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
cherokeeluvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaM View Post
I'd like to try females together again someday...did it years ago in a 10g and that didn't end well at all



What kind of setup would you recommend for females?

I have a 10 gallon planted tank for them. Right now I have two females, a ghost fish, and 4 cherry barbs. I'm going to get two more girls and get rid of the cherry barbs. My girls nipped at each other for a day or two but now they are friends!


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________

__________________
cherokeeluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
betta, bettas, hose, pics

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
pics of 29g community and 5 gallon betta tanks. ashleynicole Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks 6 11-07-2011 06:07 PM
Post your 150 and 200 gallon pics and specs here littleangel_dawn Members Saltwater Tanks Showcase 23 08-25-2011 07:51 AM
How to post pics in posts? Beginner Fish Lover Show Off/Photography 5 08-20-2011 05:07 PM







» Photo Contest Winners







Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.