Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 02-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #361
Elephant nose Finatic!
 
shellyx's Avatar


 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: scotland
Posts: 4,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbox View Post
Here is my buddy Villapoto. Hes got a lot of personality and certainly is 1 of my favorite fish.
Very nice!
__________________

__________________
70 gallon elephant nose tank, Gonzo the elephant nose and inverts.
30gallon borara merah and brigittae green, red longfin bristlenose, shrimp, ninja, taiwan,bamboo, and snails.
shellyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #362
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbox View Post
Here is my buddy Villapoto. Hes got a lot of personality and certainly is 1 of my favorite fish.
He is beautiful. Love the colors!
__________________

__________________
Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:10 PM   #363
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
New2me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalfishlady View Post

Neptune was a name I was going pick if mine had a lot of blue on him,but when I saw the one I got I named him Merlin so Neptune would fit him nicely
Haha, I thought so too! I think your Merlin really suits his name....Neptune is one my favourite names for my (hopefully soon to be) betta!!
__________________
New2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #364
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
New2me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post

Thank you! CT's are my favorite. I can't wait to see how he blooms now that he is out of a cup.

I've seen pics of your Merlin and he's gorgeous! Neptune sounds like a good name. It'll be in the running. I'm going to wait to see what his personality is like before picking a name. My last guy I named before I got to know him and it was totally wrong. I named him Ares after the god of war but I then changed to to Brave Sir Robin (Monty python reference) as he was a total chicken poop! Lol
Good idea, keep us posted with name update and pics please!
__________________
New2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #365
Aquarium Advice Newbie
 
FisherGirl92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1
This is my buddy Marty. He's a spunky half moon. I currently have him in a 5.5 gallon tank with some cherry shrimp... I had him in a smaller tank with the shrimp but i think he ate a few, So, I'm down to three cherry shrimp and my Marty. Pictures don't do him justice, he shimmers blue. I just put him in the 5.5 last night so new and better pictures will come soon! I looked through all these posts and pictures and there are some bettas on here that took my breath away. I'm slowly getting addicted
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2994347897.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	216.3 KB
ID:	153078   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3968167751.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	153079  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2379614955.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	180.4 KB
ID:	153080  
__________________
FisherGirl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:49 PM   #366
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
New2me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherGirl92 View Post
This is my buddy Marty. He's a spunky half moon. I currently have him in a 5.5 gallon tank with some cherry shrimp... I had him in a smaller tank with the shrimp but i think he ate a few, So, I'm down to three cherry shrimp and my Marty. Pictures don't do him justice, he shimmers blue. I just put him in the 5.5 last night so new and better pictures will come soon! I looked through all these posts and pictures and there are some bettas on here that took my breath away. I'm slowly getting addicted
Great pics! Love his colour.
__________________
New2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:14 PM   #367
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
tropicalfishlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2me View Post

Haha, I thought so too! I think your Merlin really suits his name....Neptune is one my favourite names for my (hopefully soon to be) betta!!
Awww thanks,i think Merlin was apt too looking forward to seeing pics of your Betta when you get him
__________________
tropicalfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #368
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
tropicalfishlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post

Thank you! CT's are my favorite. I can't wait to see how he blooms now that he is out of a cup.

I've seen pics of your Merlin and he's gorgeous! Neptune sounds like a good name. It'll be in the running. I'm going to wait to see what his personality is like before picking a name. My last guy I named before I got to know him and it was totally wrong. I named him Ares after the god of war but I then changed to to Brave Sir Robin (Monty python reference) as he was a total chicken poop! Lol
Lol well let us know when you name him and thanks I love my Merlin
__________________
tropicalfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #369
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
tropicalfishlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherGirl92 View Post
This is my buddy Marty. He's a spunky half moon. I currently have him in a 5.5 gallon tank with some cherry shrimp... I had him in a smaller tank with the shrimp but i think he ate a few, So, I'm down to three cherry shrimp and my Marty. Pictures don't do him justice, he shimmers blue. I just put him in the 5.5 last night so new and better pictures will come soon! I looked through all these posts and pictures and there are some bettas on here that took my breath away. I'm slowly getting addicted
Aww he is lovely,mine is my 1st Betta and he is best fish ive had,so after looking at all the gorgeous Bettas im addicted for sure,also my favourite are Cory Catfish,i have one Julii from other fish I had at one point ive had him 2 half year,he seems fine on his own and has been for a while,until I got Merlin,he flares a bit at Cory but when Cory moves he swims off,all bravado on Merlins part I think lol.
I was waiting to see how he got on with Cory and I might get a few small dwarf cories
__________________
tropicalfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #370
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
tropicalfishlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbox View Post
Here is my buddy Villapoto. Hes got a lot of personality and certainly is 1 of my favorite fish.
Ill have a look at these pics on pc as cannot view them in phone app,some I can view others I can't don't know why :-/
__________________

__________________
tropicalfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
betta, bettas, hose, pics

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
pics of 29g community and 5 gallon betta tanks. ashleynicole Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks 6 11-07-2011 07:07 PM
Post your 150 and 200 gallon pics and specs here littleangel_dawn Members Saltwater Tanks Showcase 23 08-25-2011 08:51 AM
How to post pics in posts? Beginner Fish Lover Show Off/Photography 5 08-20-2011 06:07 PM







» Photo Contest Winners







Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.