Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-10-2013, 10:53 PM   #441
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan88 View Post
I was just going to get one that is already like two or three "tanks" in one. I don't know how to do it that way. Lol :P I do t know if the stuff they sell is any better than a bowl though. I will have to see what is out there...
I haven't really seen anything like that that want under 5 gallons. The only one I can think of is the 2.5 gallon bow front betta tank, and for two fish it isn't much better than a bowl. Doing your own divider is really easy, there is a way to do it with the craft mesh I mentioned and some of the little plastic things you use to hold report covers together. You can add a little silicone to it to make it more stable. I didn't have the report cover things so I made things a bit more difficult for myself, haha.

And I shared them on the other betta thread already, but here is a new picture of Ninja and the new plants in his tank!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-796643850.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	166542

Old 04-10-2013, 11:09 PM   #442
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I might eventually do it. Idk

Old 04-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #443
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommachef View Post
I noticed today while Sid is flaring around his tank that he's getting more red through his tail fins and I think they're getting longer, too. I've never noticed one's colors change like that in any of my others, so I'm pretty excited about it! Haha
He truly is gorgeous!
Old 04-10-2013, 11:34 PM   #444
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post

I haven't really seen anything like that that want under 5 gallons. The only one I can think of is the 2.5 gallon bow front betta tank, and for two fish it isn't much better than a bowl. Doing your own divider is really easy, there is a way to do it with the craft mesh I mentioned and some of the little plastic things you use to hold report covers together. You can add a little silicone to it to make it more stable. I didn't have the report cover things so I made things a bit more difficult for myself, haha.

And I shared them on the other betta thread already, but here is a new picture of Ninja and the new plants in his tank!
It's like playing where's Waldo! Lol I had to search to find him.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:09 AM   #445
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post

He truly is gorgeous!
Thank you!
Old 04-11-2013, 06:30 AM   #446
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommachef View Post
I noticed today while Sid is flaring around his tank that he's getting more red through his tail fins and I think they're getting longer, too. I've never noticed one's colors change like that in any of my others, so I'm pretty excited about it! Haha
Oh wow he is gorgeous,i got merlin from my lfs and he had a proper filtered tank to himself and he was couloured up perfect when I got him,plus his colours didnt even fade when I got him home even on the 45 min journey, so I agree they nees better tanks not them awful cups :-/
Old 04-11-2013, 06:32 AM   #447
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post

He is lovely,i admit I like black ones too
Old 04-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #448
Aquarium Advice Freak

Here are a couple videos and a pic of Attila (formerly named Ajax). He suits the name Attila more. Cranky bugger he is! lol

You can see the little buddy I drew for him in the picture. I know, don't quit my day job.

Betta Fish flaring - YouTube

Male Betta Fish - YouTube
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Attila April 2013.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	229.1 KB
ID:	169977  
Old 04-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #449
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
Here are a couple videos and a pic of Attila (formerly named Ajax). He suits the name Attila more. Cranky bugger he is! lol

You can see the little buddy I drew for him in the picture. I know, don't quit my day job.

Betta Fish flaring - YouTube

Male Betta Fish - YouTube
Ha ha mine does not flare at me,he neva has once !!! He did flare at my Cory I had left over from other fish I used to have,still does odd times but not as much as at 1st,he seems kinda used to Cory now,goin try amd get a few pygmy cories soon as I only had one left which ive now had 2 m half yrs and seems quite happy on his own as Cories like to be in a group,i used to av 3 but lost the other 2
Old 05-03-2013, 10:21 PM   #450
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Villapoto had a close call tonight. That little bastard flipped out of my hand and down into the garbage disposal! My hand was barely able to make the squeeze through and grab a fin tight for retrieval. He's lucky, and I'm relieved.

I was just cleaning his home pwc that currently is a brita water filter pitcher.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-709727861.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	171550  

Tags
betta, bettas, hose, pics

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com