Post your Betta Pics Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ohh ok! Great! She is eating tropicka fish flakes is that ok?

Sent from my iPhone

If that is tropical fish flakes, it is alright just if he is eating them. Be really careful about not over feeding - fish flakes turn to ammonia pretty fast and can cause water quality issues, alarmingly fast in a small tank. I don't use flakes in small tanks.

For the basic food I would recommend Hikari Bio-Gold with supplements of freeze dried or frozen foods Like Hikari Blood Worms, Tubifex worms, live freeze dried or frozen Brine shrimp. Any uneaten food can turn to ammonia, so just watch out for that, and keep up on the pwc.

Here is a pic of one, the lighter one is the male and a similar color pattern to yours but female and darker.

60074-albums13900-picture66142.jpg

and my favorite from a long while ago...
60074-albums12946-picture37579.jpg

Oh ok. I don't over feed. I feed about 3 times when I do. Just a little bit at a time to make sure everybody gets food and there isn't extra. And if anything goes down my sucker fish eat it.

Sent from my iPhone

Over feeding :( and when I thought I didn't have any alive I did a full water change and made the 10 gal a cherry shrimp tank and saw these two swimming and been growing ever since

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

This is my boy Charlie. I picked him up at Big Als in Ontario almost a year ago. He has grown considerably (I'm being modest lol) After two upgrades he currently resides in a 15 gallon column tank with three tetras. Charlie is a gentle giant ? I will continue to spoil him rotten!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415680021.222827.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415680021.222827.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 93
  • ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415680801.667678.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415680801.667678.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 110
This is my boy Charlie. I picked him up at Big Als in Ontario almost a year ago. He has grown considerably (I'm being modest lol) After two upgrades he currently resides in a 15 gallon column tank with three tetras. Charlie is a gentle giant ? I will continue to spoil him rotten!

Amazing finnage!!! Beautiful, gorgeous Charlie. (y)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418570326.204400.jpg

Just moved my betta Edgar from a 1.5 gallon tank to a 10 gallon tank! He is so much more active. After a few days I added neon tetra some Cory cats and snails. Edgar and his tank mates are living peacefully.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418570456.684168.jpg

View attachment 258348

Just moved my betta Edgar from a 1.5 gallon tank to a 10 gallon tank! He is so much more active. After a few days I added neon tetra some Cory cats and snails. Edgar and his tank mates are living peacefully.View attachment 258349

Edgar is very pretty. It is nice to see him able to enjoy lots of swimming room.

Good news! Edgar created his first bubble nest even in his community tank :)

Back
Top Bottom